All reviews stayed here front desk pool and hot tub newer hotel dairy queen tim hortons would stay again room was clean pancake maker hockey tournament recommend this hotel exercise room the pool looked nice sports teams hot food a great stay breakfast included
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a getaway. The room that we were in was clean and well appointed, the complementary breakfast was kept fully stocked right up to the end time. The Keurig Coffee machine, microwave and mini fridge in the room are also a great plus. This hotel offers good value for your money.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
HIEXBMManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you so much for sharing the details of your great stay! We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to do so, and are so glad that you enjoyed so many aspects of your visit. We have an exceptional team here and are extremely pleased that it shows.
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Bowmanville.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

My family and I stayed here for a weekend as we attended a nearby event. The front desk staff were kind and efficient. The room was clean and comfortable and suitable for our family of five. I especially enjoyed the choice of "soft" vs "firm" pillows. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub and the fitness room was perfect for my husband. Breakfast was good although a bit crowded and a tad chaotic This could have been improved by placing plates and cutlery to the side, rather than in the middle of the buffet. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank GBPApril2009
HIEXBMManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for your kind review. I'm so pleased our team was able to help make your family's stay so pleasant!
IHG is soon to be introducing a new breakfast for the Express brand of hotels. Hopefully they will also adjust the layout to something more efficient. We really appreciate your suggestions and will see if there's something we can do in the interim.
We look forward to having you visit with us again the next time you're in Bowmanville.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I reserved on-line for Friday but somehow it recorded the same day I was making the reservation. When I arrived on the Friday they advised me that they had charged me for a no-show on the date of the reservation and that they had no rooms available. I was charged $148.03 for a wrong booking and had to drive another 20 minutes to another hotel which charged me much more for a same night booking. They did help locate another hotel but being charged after explaining the issue to Shelby at the Front desk has left me with a bad experience. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR BOOKING DATES because they don't care about you just about making money.
Christian D

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Hi cgljdiotte,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your feedback. We rely on guest reviews as this will allow us to improve wherever possible. I am sorry for the issues you had with the reservation. I also regret to read about the disappointments you had with the customer service delivered.

I have taken note of your comments and shared them with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements accordingly. I also would like to follow-up, as such, I have sent you a private message to get more information about your stay.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 21 July 2017

This past Sunday July 16th, 2017 my husband and I stayed at this hotel while on our way to another destination. The hotel has easy access from the highway. We were very happy with the large free parking area.
Our first contact with staff was a super young lady Crystal. She was bubbly and professional. She made us feel very welcome.
Our King room was clean, nicely decorated and the bed was very comfortable. The booking came with a free breakfast. I brought my own gluten free muffins as most places do not have a lot that is gluten free. I was quite surprised while having a chat with a kitchen staff member that they had gluten free bread and cereal. After I explained that because I have celiac disease I could not use the regular toaster or I could get cross contamination and get very sick. She was very interested in what I shared with her and was planning on seeing if they could get a toaster just for the gluten free bread. I suggested that they keep it in the kitchen at all times so it would be safe for those that really need to be eating totally gluten free.
The bath products were very nice and I did not get an allergic reaction like I normally would have. These products are from Bath and Body Works. I was very impressed with the shampoo, conditioner.
The rate was very reasonable, much less then the Toronto prices at most hotels. It was a nice place to stay. There are restaurants and plazas near by.
We were very happy with our stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor facing the back of the hotel and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heavenlygal
HIEXBMManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thank you so much for your great review! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your visit and found Crystal so welcoming. Good news! We now have that gluten free toaster in the kitchen for our guests. If you need some gluten free toast, let the kitchen attendant know and they will prepare it for you.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

We were in Ottawa traveling on a rainy day to Toronto. So, we stopped and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Bowmanville (about an hour east of Toronto). No worries. Right off the highway. Close to Bowmanville (which has its share of theaters, restaurants and stores). The hotel was clean and our room was quiet and well appointed. The pool and spa were fine. Great hot tub. Free breakfast buffet was just okay.

As a bonus, there is a Dairy Queen right across the parking lot.

Room Tip: We stayed on side away from the highway. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
HIEXBMManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Thank you so much for your great review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your visit and look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you're in Bowmanville.