“OK waterpark for a smalltown but stay away from water slide #3”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Cedar Park Resort

Cedar Park Resort
Ranked #1 of 27 things to do in Bowmanville
Durham Ontario
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“OK waterpark for a smalltown but stay away from water slide #3”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2008

My two children along with my son's friend and I recently decided to go visit Cedar Park Resort (nowhere even close to being a resort...but to each their own) in Hampton ON , about 1 hour east of Toronto this past Tuesday Aug. 26th
While the pool was a good size with a diving board that the older boys enjoyed and the small kids play area was fairly good, I would be very cautious of the water slides.
My 12 year old son came out of water slide #3 with a large deep scratch down his back that we have since had to get antibiotic ointment for. I proceeded to call the resort after I truly saw how bad the scratch was to warn them that maybe they should take a good look at the slide and to prevent this from happening to any other kids going down that slide.I was STERLY told "It is inspected constantly and just was inspected and the slide is fine" I then explained we have been to many larger water parks (Wild water Kingdom, the water park at Canada's Wonderland) and have never had anything like this happen. I was THEN told "well a 'few' other kids have come out with scratches...but it just depends how they go down the slide" I'm sorry but more than ONE child has come out with scratches like this!?! I'm sure their parents were dismissed just like I was. I warned the man on the phone that one day it is going to be a lawyer's child who gets hurt and when they find out this has happened before MORE than once they may be trouble. So it might be wise to find the spot these kids are getting scratched on and fix it. To which he replied that their slides meet all safety standards.
This is obviously just a guy out for the almighty dollar and does not seem to care that not only my child has gotten hurt but others as well. Beware of the waterslides...maybe it is best to stick to the large waterparks!

14 Thank gingereden
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow