“Love dining local”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2018

My husband and I just returned from dinner at Cavallo Nero and I immediately wanted to write a review, it was delicious!! We started with ceasar salad and it was one of the best I've had, with a very fresh homemade dressing. I had the chicken piccata that came with rice, but asked to substitute with garlic mashed potatoes. Server said it was no problem and I'm so glad I did, the potatoes were amazing. For dessert we shared the chocolate pot, that was served with fresh raspberry puree and vanilla ice cream. What can I say, it was delicious too. I should also add that our server, Lara was great, very friendly and attentive. The live jazz music was a nice touch. We'll definitely be back!!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I have been here many times and always enjoy the food the service and the ambiance. From live entertainment to an excellent selection of wines, paired with excellent fresh local ingredients this is one of my favorites.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Reservations are a must. Do not expect to drop in and be seated without a reservation (I've tried, without success). Have eaten here twice. Spaghetti and Meatballs, Seafood Pasta, Pizza, all very good. Staff was unfailingly friendly, prompt and attentive. Wine prices are very affordable and dinners are reasonably priced.

Live jazz on Thursday, Friday and Saturday provide a great atmosphere.

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Went today with family food was pretty good,would go back again service was good The atmosphere was very nice place smelled very clean

Reviewed 22 January 2018

not much to say with this eatery.
Menu is unoriginal and uninspiring. The only reason we ate here was because we had a gift certificate.
Presentation of food was poor and unappetizing. Food is just average. This place looks and feels like the 1990's including the menu and cocktails. There are far better places to spend your hard earned money in the Hamilton area. Keep driving...James Street South & North , King William streets offer a much better dining experience.