1,165 results
All reviews purple thistle dining room atlantic restaurant golf course cape breton cabot trail nova scotia breakfast buffet middle head trail ingonish beach spectacular views live music fish cakes lobster amazing location national park eggs benedict
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

I have been wavering between either 3 or 4 in my rating. A 4 would be due to two things: a very comfortable bed and a very substantial breakfast buffet. But I ended up with a 3 because of the following: When I booked a cottage room, I was excited by the photo I saw for the bedroom on the website. I figured the word cottage was being used loosely for a quaint but upscale accommodation. However, upon arrival, we discovered it really was a cottage with a basic bathroom complete with a bug in the tub, and fluorescent lighting for the bedroom ceiling light. For goodness sake, a warmer bulb would make the room way more inviting! I felt deceived considering the amount I had paid for the room. On our hike of the Middle Head trail, we learned that the Keltic Lodge is owned by the government and it all made sense. From the poorly designed website, to the lack of a reservation confirmation, to the indifferent non-welcome speech from the reception staff, and the overpriced cottage room, it all made sense. Even the picturesque setting couldn't save it.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Classybabe99
Reviewed 6 July 2016

We stayed for 3 nights. We had booked a ocean view room but got a parking lot view. We talked to the manager & he could not move us that night but did move us to an excellent room the next day. He also did not charge us for the 1st night & told us to have dinner on him. Very accommodating.

Room tip: ask for ocean view
Reviewed 6 July 2016

This hotel and spa is beautiful. One feels transported to another world. It is an old resort but has retained its charm with modern amenities. Our king room was large and spacious, wonderful bedding. The bathroom too was large. The tile was dated but perhaps part of the charm. I believe that some rooms are being renovated. Our views of the water were beautiful. The huge living room and bar were welcome for a good book and a shut-eye after a walk on the nearby beach. The restaurants are excellent. The informal bar is a short walk from the main building. The main dining room is large and airy, excellent meals. The spa is fantastic! My husband and I enjoyed manis and pedis together. The décor is beautiful and Brianna and Crista looked after us wonderfully.
Thanks to the wonderful staff. So friendly and courteous.
The Cabot Trail is heaven.
We highly recommend a stay at Keltic Lodge!
Katie and Jack - Mississauga

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

A stop for lunch on our Caravan tour was remarkable. The lunch buffet included plenty of meats and cheeses along with fresh tuna, egg, and chicken salads to enjoy on a sandwich or not. Olives, pickles, onions and lettuce were only some of the accompanying items. The vast room was beautiful and the tables were set carefully. The service was friendly and fast. The cookies for dessert were scrumptious.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 449christinen
Reviewed 5 July 2016

I hate writing negative reviews but unfortunately there were just too many issues with this lodging that it necessitated a review. We reserved a room here for one night on our trip through the Cabot Trail. When we arrived we noted that the hotel itself has a very beautiful location. Upon check in we were taken to one of the buildings and when we arrived at our room the door was open. We entered and started settling in when we noted that there was still garbage in the washroom and one of the pillows looked dirty. We called the front desk and explained that we thought the room might not have been properly cleaned before our arrival. Things happen and the front desk offered to switch our rooms. Great. Except we arrived at our next room and noticed that there were no proper blinds (sheer window drapes that you could easily see through from the parking lot and let in tons of light). There was also no hardware in the bathroom, no toilet paper holder, nowhere to hang towels, no shelving to set shower items on. In addition, the room has a peculiar odor and the ice bucket was cracked. Overall a disappointing stay considering the money we spent. Hopefully they can remedy these issues for future guests.

On another note, we did dine at the Purple Thistle dining room which ended up being a good experience.

2  Thank Lindsey B