“Great place, great people.”

The Wilds at Salmonier River Hotel Rooms & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Holyrood
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
“Great place, great people.”
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I stayed at The Wilds with my wife and two teenage daughters. It is a spectacular location with nice golf course and outdoor swimming pool. We were blessed with nice weather so enjoyed the pool. The rooms were perfect for us.
The highlight for us was the way we were treated. The management and staff, without exception, went out of their way to ensure that we had a good time. We were doing some more touring and they were also extremely helpful with advice on where to go and stay. I would highly recommend The Wilds to anyone spending time in Newfoundland.
Thanks Jeff and all of the staff for making our stay one we will remember!

NewfoundlandWilds, General Manager at The Wilds at Salmonier River Hotel Rooms & Suites, responded to this review, 7 August 2011
We really appreciate every guest that comes through here & sometimes I am very lucky & fortunate to meet & interact with these people. Our goal here is every guest not only enjoy their stay at The wilds but every part of their trip. I thank you for your comments & great review & hope again in the future our paths may cross.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2010

First of all, it probably depends on the reason for the visit, as to what your impressions will be.
I live in nearby St Johns, but I had never been to 'The Wilds' before. As a bit of a get away, my husband planned an overnight for us here. Granted, the scenery and the surroundings are impressive when you drive up. Everything looks manicured and well cared for.
Enter the rooms, and that all changes.
While things were done obviously with an eye to please, it just doesn't work. The window with no blind that someone else mentioned, does not work well for sleeping in the am! And, the walls were so thin, that we could hear the conversation in the next room, as if they were in the room with us! But never mind any of that, as you won't sleep anyway, in this bed! It was a king size bed in a 'suite' and it was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever encountered! It was hard as a rock, and more than slightly slanted towards the middle, so that neither of us could possibly be comfortable. It was so bad, that at 6 AM, we were awake and up, because we could just not possibly lie there any longer, and were ready to leave our 'suite' before 7 AM!
We expressed this to the person on checkout, and he appeared very surprised, as if he had never heard that comment before?? I certainly cannot believe that - a bed like that in my home would be thrown out and replaced the same day!!

Just not good enough for todays discerning traveller, and at the price paid.

1 Thank Canada1lb
NewfoundlandWilds, General Manager at The Wilds at Salmonier River Hotel Rooms & Suites, responded to this review, 13 December 2010
I really do appreciate your email & your comments. The king size bed are only 1 year old & we have never had a complaint but 1 is enough. We have ordered new king mattresses for our 2011 season. There a 4 large windows in 4 rooms with no covers that we are in the process of covering for the 2011 season. We are not a large chain hotel & certainly put 100% into this operation & do listen to our customers. We are not a 5 star hotel but a very clean 3.5 star hotel with excellent staff that try & make you feel at home.
Uxbridge, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I wanted to post a more updated review based on my recent experience.

We just completed a 2 week tour of Newfoundland on motorcycles and were making our way to the Argentia ferry when we stopped at The Wilds for the eveing on Friday July 30, 2010. My friends (husband and wife) decided they wanted a room for the evening as we had been camping in tents.

I was contemplating the upcoming rain storm and staying in my tent when a large friendly man (Hey Jeff!) approached me and said that he wouldn't want to be in a tent in this rain, and offered to set me up in one of the meeting rooms ... at no charge!

I was offered every courtesy of a paying guest. I was able to unload my motorcycle at my convenience, my "room" was made for me with full linens, towels etc. I was even made the offer of having my laundry done. Then while having dinner, Jeff and and his wife came by and bought the three of us a couple of rounds of drinks! We had a great time, the staff treated me like family. It was a very nice way to spend my last night on the island.

I found these folks paid close attention to detail and were attentive with their guests. There was an outdoor wedding ceremony planned for the afternoon but due to inclement weather it was a bit touch and go. As the time approached the weather cleared for a short time and the staff made a fantastic effort to setup for the ceremony. Good job folks!

My experience here was exceptional and I hope to return one day with my family.

St. John's, NL
Reviewed 22 February 2010

We recently held a training course at the Wilds for aproximately 50 of our employees. The management and staff of the Wilds were outstanding they went well above and beyond the call of duty and provided a quality of service second to none. The rooms were clean and comfortable with most of the furniture seeminly brand new. We are looking forward to the next opportunity to visit the Wilds again

ABERDEENSHIRE SCOTLAND
Reviewed 19 February 2010

We travelled from our home in Scotland to spend a week at The Wilds in 2007 and 2008 and we intend to repeat the experience as often as possible. It is an excellent way
to enjoy a great hotel with friendly and helpful staff, good food and a fantastic golf course
set in stunning scenery. A camera is essential and your own transport is advisable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Holyrood
29.6 km away
24.1 km away
A Schooner Inn
A Schooner Inn
#1 of 3 in Holyrood

Been to The Wilds at Salmonier River Hotel Rooms & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK