All reviews breakfast buffet was included gros morne national park door entrance gas station baked beans stayed here for one night early risers recently stayed here suited our needs comfortable beds grocery stores and restaurants check in was smooth and quick gluten free next morning nice hotel seafood chowder transcanada highway
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Deer Lake Motel is conveniently located on the TransCanada, close to convenience stores, gas and downtown Deer Lake. We had completed a cross country road trip in August 2017 and I stayed here in September on a return to Newfoundland to see a few things I missed. I liked the large parking area and was able to back up to my room and I was impressed with the modern and efficient reception area and business center. The motel has good sized rooms which include a Keurig coffee maker, good fridge, a very clean bathroom with lots of towels and good amenities. The view is less spectacular and was reduced with the air conditioning unit which took up half the window area. The work area is good but a bit narrow and I had challenges getting the plug-ins on the lights to work with my power adapter. I also had challenges getting the internet to work but eventually it kicked in OK. Deer Lake Motel has a has a good lounge, family restaurant and large fitness Centre. Breakfast was outstanding and included a selection of bacon, ham, sausages, beans, eggs, fruit and an assortment of cereals. It was available at 6:00 AM and a continental breakfast was available at 3:00 AM for those who had to leave early. This motel will be appreciated by those who value good service, a clean spacious bathroom, comfortable bed, and very modern hotel like atmosphere. I enjoyed my stay and recommend Deer Lake Motel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David B
Reviewed 19 September 2017

I went to Newfoundland with one of my sisters to visit another sister who lives up the west coast of Newfoundland at the northern peninsula. I haven't been to Newfoundland for about 25 yrs. We had an awesome flight on West Jet and we arrived in Newfoundland late in the evening.I did not want to drive up the coast at night because there are moose that come out onto the road and usually you won't see them until it's too late. Trust the locals on that one. My sister and I stayed at the Deer Lake motel and I am glad we did. Very clean hotel, friendly desk staff and a restaurant right there for a good morning breakfast. I just wish the car rentals at the air port stayed open for all incoming flights as I had to get a cab to the hotel to check in at 1:30 a.m. arrival and a cab to go back to the airport to the car rental to get my rental to drive to my sisters house. Mind you a fellow named Dekker was my cab driver and I tell you he was the sweetest gentleman I have ever met. We listened to one of his favourite Newfie CD's on the way back to the airport in the morning for my rental car and had a good laugh. He's been driving cab for awhile and came recommended by the desk clerk. At the moment I can't remember the ladies name at the desk but when you go there just look for the lady with the slightly greying hair, glasses and the biggest smile and welcome. We wanted to stay another night we enjoyed the reception and hotel. I plan to go back in the summer of 2018 for another visit as us sisters are all getting older. I will definitely stay at the Deer Lake hotel and I will probably see if my new buddy Dekker is still driving cab. (inexpensive rates) Beautiful unspoiled country and people. I hope it can remain that way for a long while.

Room Tip: I left that up to the lady at the desk and I was not disappointed.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Since my last visit many years ago the Deer Lake Motel gas seen a major upgrade to rooms and front of house. Everywhere was clean and in good condition with modern bathrooms. My only problem was the bed that I did not find comfortable and squeaked loudly every time you turned over. The room is equipped with fridge and if I remember right a coffee maker. A good hot and cold breakfast buffet is served (included) with a good selection of breakfast food. We ate supper there and were pleased with what we had. Much improved altogether but please upgrade those beds.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

The rooms were clean and fine. The hallways were a little smelly. The breakfast OK. Buffet style. Location real good and a Pub on premises. Staff friendly and helpful. A good place for a quick night, coming into Newfoundland from Toronto for the night. A solid three.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2017

This motel is along main road, but main road not that busy. It is not scenic, but the people are very friendly and the rooms are comfortable. This is convenient to the Deer Lake airport and is an easy drive from St. John's on the way to Gros Morne

Room Tip: the rooms facing the back of the motel are quieter
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family