“VERY noisy!”
Review of Carman's Diner

Carman's Diner
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in St. Stephen
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Went in; looked around -left. Did not stay for dinner as the place was a cold and noisy bar/restaurant.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Great experience in a true old style diner. Huge variety of food and it all seemed good. Individual juke boxes in each booth or table with 50's, 60's music. We had lobster fools and fish and both were great. Hot sandwiches were also terrific. Great experience

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a late dinner at this old fashioned diner. Friendly staff, good service and very good food! We were able to walk there from our motel, which was nice to do after a full day of riding in the car.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

This diner has not changed in over 35 years. It still provides good food at good prices. The fish chowder was great as was the fish sandwich. The staff are friendly as are the other customers since many are local and all know each other. A bit of wait to get your food but worth it. Will be back.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

My husband had the chowder and a burger, which he said was good. I am on a no sugar, no flour diet so I ordered the grilled porkchops and veggies. I requested them medium rare but was told I could only have them well done. I begged for them not to overcook them. Unfortunately, they were so overcooked I could barely eat one..and the veggies tasted like canned veggies and were not good either. Atmosphere was nice and diner-type; waiter was good. Maybe I just ordered the wrong food.