All reviews bagels continental breakfast room was clean stayed here one night up to date place to eat stay there again nova scotia fridge and microwave juice the breakfast area pedestal sink stopping point off the highway little gem in town
Reviewed 7 July 2018

In an area where really good motels are scarce, this is the best of the choices. I will say it was clean...and that is the most important thing for us. And as the area was in a heat wave, the A/C was very welcome.

The facecloths/towels were very thin...as in...you could see through them. And they felt like sandpaper. But they had great little travel sizes of lotions/shampoo that we appreciated.

The TV was nice but the remote did not work well. To change the channel you had to get out of bed and go stand immediately in front of the TV and hope it worked. Not good in the dark of night.

Continental breakfast was poor, we thought. There was coffee but we gave up waiting for the hot water to boil for tea. Hubby tried to toast an English muffin and after 5 minutes it popped...still cold and not toasted. We left.

We would stay here again because there really aren't any other choices. Calais Maine has an extremely poor selection and this is miles better than their offerings.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Came down to stay 4 nights with my mother. The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms are up to date and very clean. Quaint breakfast area and very quiet. We had a lovely time together and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Never again will we stay in this place. Now it was clean and the woman who was at the front desk when we checked in was very nice..but that is where it ends. Outside it was 0 degrees C. There was no heat so while waiting for the room to warm up we went to the store across the street. That was fine. But and this is a big but, while trying to rest and get to sleep the couple in the room beside us decided to get into a fight. We could hear everything. I went to the front desk around 12:30 after listening to this for hours and asked the front desk to do something. Apparently there was a shift change and a man was now working. He was not polite from the moment I walked in the door and was very displeased that I was bothering him. He called the room beside us and they denied there was more than one person in the room. He then said he couldn't do anything and that I was wrong there was only one person in the room. I went back to our room but the fighting was still going on..I then took my phone and recorded the 2 of them fighting. I called the front desk and told him it was still going on. He said he would give us a different room. (wow 1 am and pack up and wait another hour for the room to heat up before we could get into it). my answer was NO, and I told him I have proof there are 2 people in the room and have it recorded. He said I was wrong and said he was writing up a report on me. The couple in the next room finally quieted down around 2:30 and we could finally sleep. We got up at 7 am...hubby tried to talk to the front desk staff and hit a brick wall. We left very quickly.
As a guest with proof you will be called a lire. You will be over priced for a freezing room. No coffee or tea in the room, you have to go to front desk and ask for coffee or tea from them but if you get the man you can forget about getting anything.

Room Tip: find some place else to stay
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

We are two retired couples from Vancouver Island who have done a cross Canada drive and St Stephens is our turnaround spot (this year) and I'm pleased to say the Winsome Inn is where we decided to stop.
Comfy bed, clean and quiet. A good place to head for home from.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard P
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Stayed in this motel for 1 night,,,yes it was a bit dated,,but over all it was ok,,,clean and comfortable,,,would stay there again,,the lady who checked us in was pleasant enough...1 drawback is the ice machine's location and what they use for icebuckets....

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple