All reviews continental breakfast out of season bavarian village canadian hotels cosmos tour canadian rockies tour newmarket holidays comfortable king shared balcony ski resort off peak small hot tub an excellent place to stay an overnight stay one night stay overlooking the village great location right
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

The main reason why I loved this hotel is their great service! We arrived at the hotel and the lady and the desk told us she hadn't had our reservation of that day but the day after. Turned out that our agency made a mistake and switched our hotel reservations. The lady was really friendly and helpful and suggested right away that she could switch the reservation date so we could stay for the night anyway. She also gave us advice about how to handle this with the other hotel and we could use their phone. We were really grateful for that. Apart from their great service are the nice, clean and comfy rooms. The hotel is located at the village street with shops and hotels which was nice and convenient.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Needed a stop over out of season and Sun Peaks was perfectly located as a pit stop. Sure, it was quiet but there was still some life around. The room had a great view over the resort and was very comfortable. As with a lot of Canadian hotels parking is a bit of an issue - we were advised that you could park in a nearby car park free of charge and it’ll be ok...probably! So not strictly above board but we had no issue. Must be a wonderful place in peak ski season.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

I recently worked an event held at sun peaks. Our room at sun peaks lodge was decent but overpriced, especially considering we were staff of the event and were apparently given a “deal” on our rooms. Besides that, I have nothing good to say about the staff here, particularly the owner, Mario. He was nothing but problems for my co-workers and I who stayed here over the weekend. I have never met someone so rude and psychotic in my life. On the last night, my friend and I tried to go back to our room to sleep around 4AM. Mario proceeded to chase us into the elevator, screaming at my friend that she had to leave because she was “not registered” to our room. He was being very aggressive and cornered us in the elevator and held his arm across the door. Keep in mind I paid $800 for the weekend for a 4-person occupancy room, there were only 2 of us and we had one friend sleep on the floor because she had nowhere to stay. So 3 people total. We tried to tell him that we would just pay the extra fee, but he would NOT listen. He just kept yelling that if my friend didn’t leave he would call the police. When I tried to exit the elevator he literally grabbed my arm so hard I currently have a bruise. He then proceeded to call the police because I said no, she’s not leaving. The police came and even they were confused, told Mario he was not allowed to kick a girl out of the hotel at 4AM when there is currently a young person missing in sun peaks. No way. If I could go back in time I would never give my hard earned money to the people who run this place. Absolutely disgusting human beings with no ounce of morals here. Plenty of other options in sun peaks that I’m sure are ran by more decent human beings. Please do not give this family your money, avoid sun peaks lodge.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank KellMar1991
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Hotel is situated right in the middle of village. Easy to ski in/out. Just park the car for the entire visit. Got adjoining king room with queen double for kids. Nice balcony overlooking the village stroll, yet very quiet at night. Rooms are clean & updated. Was worried about “hard mattress” but beds were comfortable. Rate was affordable and had no complaints the entire stay. Spa area is nice & clean. Overall a pleasant exp and we will be staying there again next year for the kids ski races.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

This was a last minute kind idea to go skiing in Sun Peaks. We phoned the hotel and they had a room left, being german, I was very excited and curious about this place but WOW what a great surprise. The lodge is situated in the most beautiful and convenient place of town. We parked our car in the underground parking and never had to use it until check out. It is a ski in and out place. Rooms are comfortable and the newly renovated bathroom and walk in shower is very nice. Front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. It was very quiet at night, no parties. We will absolutely come back to this place.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple