All reviews toby creek taynton lodge general store living room large tub full kitchen summer activities ski hill members lounge ski lockers liquor store off season mountain resort bed was very comfortable mini golf hot springs intrawest
Reviewed 1 June 2018

I booked a week at this condo for nice relaxing get away. The one bedroom seemed nice enough but would not want more that 2 people. After my first night I went to kitchen to make coffee and there were at least two mice running through the kitchen and then under the dish washer. I was so grossed out I went back to bedroom and
called the reception office. I was told they could not do anything until a manager came
in at 8 or I may have to wait till 9:00 when the Embarc manager comes in. I told him
I did not want to stay in this room another night. He (Michael) said there is nothing he can do. I packed up and was at the office(at bottom of hill) at 8:15 where two ladies
where at the desk then. They kind of knew my problem and one stated they could not help me, but one of them did get me a different suite on a different floor.
Unfortunately the damage was done and I could not relax for the remainder of my stay
and I left after 4 nights. I felt like if there is mice in one suite they could be in the whole building. I did read another review where mice were in the unit.
I will say that the balcony had a nice view and the bed was comfy.
The lighting was very poor so you really can't see how well the unit is cleaned

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Shannon O
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I would definitely return to this hotel!! it was absolutely breathtaking so relaxing, and plenty to do in and around the property. The view of the ski hill was so cool!! We would sit on the balcony in the morning with our coffee watching all the skiers.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2018

We are enjoying our stay in Panorama. The facilities at the mountain are very nice and access to the lifts is perfect. The mountain to ski has all levels of runs and well groomed.
The facilities and staff are doing a wonderful job and we will definitely come again for sure.

Room tip: Give yourself a good 4 hr to make the drive from Calgary....
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

A really good 2 bedroom apartment which felt like a home away from home. Much better than expected with a great kitchen dining and lounge room with fireplace 2 bedrooms and bathrooms and access to the car park and members lounge for ski in ski out on the mountain. Next time we'll stay for longer.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth2859
Reviewed 23 December 2017

We stayed at the Taynton Lodge which are Embarc's 1 bedroom units. Embarc has another lodge with 2 bedroom units. Panorama is a collection of many different lodges and resorts. They all share a common central check-in at the entrance to Panorama.

We visited in early October 2017 which is really an off season. So a lot of activities were shut down. Mini golf, hiking trails, spa, and a few other things were open. I think there are normally 5 restaurants in the Panorama area, but only 2 were open during this off season. There is also a local general store. There are more restaurants and stores in Invermere (next town over) which is about a 30 minutes drive away.

We loved the room. The room was nice and cozy. Bed was very comfortable. We had a tub in the room which was really nice to soak in. The kitchen was very functional and good to have since we were there for a week.

The only thing I didn't like about the room was that we had an uninvited guest (a mouse). And he nibbled at my scone that I had on the counter! 8^( Maintenance took care of the uninvited guest. 8^)

If you are coming here for the winter and summer activities, I think this would be a great place to stay. This would also be a great place to kick back and relax. But we were mainly going to Banff and Lake Louise on various tours and shopping. So for us it was inconvenient because they are both a 2 hour drive away. That means 4 hour round trips each day. For tours starting at 8am, we had to leave around 5:30am to meet up with tour.

Date of stay: October 2017