All reviews small town lobby coffee hot springs bare bones walking distance room was clean stayed nights nice hotel per night main floor would definitely stay here again motel lake kitchenette gear motorcycle pet
Reviewed 29 July 2017

We stayed 3 nights in a clean and spacious room at Selkirk. The host is very friendly and knowledgeable. Nakusp is a beautiful small town, where we walked to the waterfront in the morning, and drove to the hot springs in the afternoon / evening. We also hiked the Idaho Peak while we were at Nakusp.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We stayed one night in this facility. The host is very friendly, welcoming and helpful. The hotel is well located in the small town of Nakusp and it is possible to walk to most things, including shopping, restaurants (when they are open!) and the lake. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and reasonably well equipped. The carpets are getting old and the street side room was a bit noisy at times if vehicles were loading or unloading in the parking area. All things considered I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the non-street side are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Damn, some people are so fussy! If you want a big city hotel, then stay in the city. Nakusp is a small town and you get what you get. I could park my motorcycle right at the front door where it could be watched. And that makes for easy unloading.

The room was pretty basic, but that's fine with me. The bed was comfortable and the shower had good pressure and there was lots of hot water. I carry my own coffee making supplies so didn't need whatever they serve in the lobby. I wouldn't expect much from lobby coffee anyway. Come to my room and I'll brew you a nice medium roast French Press.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Nakusp is a pretty chill place. The Selkirk is a good clean low cost place to stay. I was there on business and the room was clean and had blackout curtains which kept out the light. The cost is low and the room is bare bones. The staff was very nice. If you don't need frills and need a place to lay your head the Selkirk is for you.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2017

We spent 2 nights there this past weekend. The room was clean and the beds were okay. The bathroom could use an update but everything was functional and clean. The operators were friendly and helpful. The room was basic with no microwave or coffee maker but did have a small fridge. There was a microwave in the lobby to use and the coffee was always available. We asked for another blanket and were given one promptly.

Stayed: April 2017