All reviews small town lobby coffee hot springs bare bones walking distance room was clean stayed nights nice hotel per night main floor would definitely stay here again motel lake kitchenette gear motorcycle pet
Reviewed 1 September 2015

First of all, the front desk staff were SO friendly. That must be noted. But our room had an awful moldy/musty smell upon entering. The room also did not have a blow dryer nor a coffee machine. It was clean though and that is of utmost importance. If you're looking for a simple place to stay for one night on your way though Nakusp, this is an option.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank VivaJude
Reviewed 7 August 2015

Stayed here for a wedding and the beds are good and they have cable TV. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. This hotel is very close to downtown and the beach. They have beach towel for you to take at the front desk. The hotel room was very clean, Hotel is about $111.00 high season (Includes tax). There is a restaurant next door to the hotel so you can get something to eat. However we found it to be expensive and mediocre. We downtown and there are a lot of restaurants to choose from. The beach in this town is sandy and very nice. We found that people to be very nice as well. All and all I would say that if you are looking to lay your head down for a visit or because you are tired for the night and would like some place clean that would be a good place to say at. Note: Free Coffee did not get served till around 10:00 AM so if you are leaving early you may need to get it elsewhere. Also they do have an ice machine by the coffee maker on floor one. Some rooms are updated with a LCD TV and others have not been upgraded yet. Ask at front disk if this is a concern. No hair dryers or ironing boards in rooms. Inquire at front desk.
I would recommend this place for a friendly clean place to stay. All rooms have air conditioning

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
samNakusp, Manager at Selkirk Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear about both what you liked and what you think need improvement. We will continue to work hard and improve our quality and services for the future, and would welcome you to visit again.

Reviewed 31 July 2015

In essence, this place has the appearance of a somewhat rundown motel, with an unkempt exterior, sparse furniture, small old cathode-type TV and small, rough towels (with a sign exhorting not to steal them!). The shower in our room had enough pressure to take the paint off a car (a good thing), but the curtain was made of some porous material which resulted in a large pool of water on the floor. A rag was thoughtfully supplied to mop it up.

The bed was also older style: quite springy.

However: the location is good, a 2-block walk to restaurants and shops, our room was very clean and quiet, there was a fridge in the room, and it's across the street from Gaby's - a good place for coffee, breakfast and desserts.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2015

I stayed at the Selkirk Inn in Nakusp, B.C. for two nights in July, 2015. I'm writing this in the morning before leaving.

The hotel has the general appearance and facilities of a solid three-star motel, but the cleanliness, the excellent shower and bed, and the TV that does not force me to watch everything stretched out into wide screen, as so many fancy hotels do these days, all boost this hotel to four stars. It's just a couple of blocks from the grocery store and a few restaurants, and one more block from a very pleasant path along the lake. The price was reasonable. The free Wi-Fi connected without problems and was fast. Basically everything worked and I had no problems at all. My room had a back door to the outside so I was able to park right by my door, making it easy to get my large quantity of gear in and out to reorganize between hiking trips.

It was my second choice after the first hotel I phoned didn't answer or return my call, but I expect I'll stay here again when and if my travel calls for a stay in Nakusp. (Two nights here to rest between wilderness hiking lodges.)

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo

Hi Daniel, thank you for a lovely review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the stay, and would be happy to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

Room was clean and spacious, beds are very comfortable!! Only 2 drawbacks are no coffee maker in the room (coffee is supposed to be available in the lobby but wasn't any in the evening or until 7:00 A.M.) and having to lug a heavy suitcase up a long flight of stairs to the second floor. Motel is walking distance to downtown.

Stayed: July 2015