All reviews small town lobby coffee hot springs bare bones walking distance room was clean stayed nights nice hotel per night main floor would definitely stay here again motel lake kitchenette gear motorcycle pet
Reviewed 29 July 2015

I stayed at the Selkirk Inn in Nakusp, B.C. for two nights in July, 2015. I'm writing this in the morning before leaving.

The hotel has the general appearance and facilities of a solid three-star motel, but the cleanliness, the excellent shower and bed, and the TV that does not force me to watch everything stretched out into wide screen, as so many fancy hotels do these days, all boost this hotel to four stars. It's just a couple of blocks from the grocery store and a few restaurants, and one more block from a very pleasant path along the lake. The price was reasonable. The free Wi-Fi connected without problems and was fast. Basically everything worked and I had no problems at all. My room had a back door to the outside so I was able to park right by my door, making it easy to get my large quantity of gear in and out to reorganize between hiking trips.

It was my second choice after the first hotel I phoned didn't answer or return my call, but I expect I'll stay here again when and if my travel calls for a stay in Nakusp. (Two nights here to rest between wilderness hiking lodges.)

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
samNakusp, Manager at Selkirk Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2015

Hi Daniel, thank you for a lovely review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the stay, and would be happy to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

Room was clean and spacious, beds are very comfortable!! Only 2 drawbacks are no coffee maker in the room (coffee is supposed to be available in the lobby but wasn't any in the evening or until 7:00 A.M.) and having to lug a heavy suitcase up a long flight of stairs to the second floor. Motel is walking distance to downtown.

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed 19 July 2015

The Selkirk Inn was the perfect location for our ladies get away weekend. Close to downtown, the beach, and the walking path, we were able to enjoy the lovely, quiet village of Nakusp. The owner accommodated our request for two double beds, and one single bed along with a full kitchen. The Inn is very affordable, with some rooms having rear access, which makes for a quieter, more private stay. The room was clean, somewhat dated; but with all the basic amenities one would need. Maid service was a tad bit lacking.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2015 via mobile

This Inn was quite a surprise to find in such a small town of Nakusp British Columbia. Just two blocks from main street, and walking distance to the lake and the beautiful scenery of the surrounding mountains. The Selkirk Inn offers clean, quiet,slightly updated,air conditioned rooms at a reasonable rate. The owners, Grace and her husband are very friendly and willing to assist you with whatever they can.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Greg L
samNakusp, Owner at Selkirk Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2015

Hi Greg, thank you for the kind review! We will do our best to keep up the quality and services of our Inn, and hope to see you again in the future! -Grace

Reviewed 16 June 2015

This motel was very clean and comfortable, on a main highway, yet very quiet, and only a few minutes walk from the centre. I requested and got a ground floor room as there is no lift. I parked my car outside the window and there is plenty of parking space. My room was quite big and had a fridge, TV and free wifi in the room. There is no coffee maker, but coffee and a microwave are in the lobby. This was just a one night stay. I had a comfortable bed, clean bathroom and no problems.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo