“Awesome burgers”

Cuisines: Fast food, Cafe
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just had 2 awesome burgers here. Great service and great atmosphere. Will definitely eat here again the next time we are in Nakusp :)

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Went there with the grand-children.... Service was slow.... we ordered a couple pizzas which were not cheap so you expect a really good pizza... well, the all cheese pizza was excellent... way more cheese then one would expect,... but the Greek pizza was super soggy.... we used our napkins to pick up the moisture between the pizza and the plate... I would never order that again.

1  Thank RLchev
nicksplace20, Owner at Nick's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Wow, this was totally harsh. I Haven't had this bad of a review in ages. This is where I differ from other establishments in where they respond by telling you exactly what you want to hear, apologize and grovel for your appreciation, and then go on to beg you for your forgiveness. I will tell you how things were, and that maybe you are very keen on exaggeration. It didn't seem like you had any problems when you were present in the restaurant and eating your food with your grand children. Most people would have said something so that whatever problems that there were could have been fixed, explained, or improved upon. This sort of weird form of passive aggression is getting ridiculous. I have seen it many times, and it's really just cowardice. All smiles, then rip me, my business, and my family "a new one" on Trip advisor. Does it make you feel superior? The fact that you can be anonymous on here? How about if I had information on the place you worked, and I wrote a review about your performance? Your place of work? Your livelihood? I'm out here in the open, and I can't really fake what I do because it's right there, spread out on the table. The funny thing is, I have been doing it for almost 15 years! There is always an owner present here at all times that you could have spoken to at any time, but you chose to wait a few days.
I remember you very well. You came in just after 14 people walked in all at the same time. It is first come, first served here. Those people ordered first, so you were the last table to be served. This is just common sense. You ordered a medium cheese pizza, a medium greek pizza, and a chicken breast burger with salad. You were last to order, and of course, you were also the last to leave the restaurant, and for as long as you stuck around afterward, you really didn't seem as though you were in a hurry. Also, you were all smiles. This is no indication of slow service. This is business as usual. This is not McDonald's. Also, Pizzas take a minimum of 25-30 minutes to be prepared and cooked. Three other tables ahead of you also ordered pizzas, and I had absolutely no complaints from them.
If you have a recipe for waterproof pizza dough, I would gladly take it into consideration, but unless I scotch guard the pizza dough (not very healthy), there is always going to be moisture in a pizza that is chock full of vegetables. Olives, spinach, and feta cheese are pretty much 90 percent water, which is hopefully common sense. Of course your cheese pizza was less wet than your greek. It had no toppings! I do not skimp on toppings. My motto is that when you take a bite out of my pizza, you are taking a mouth full of every topping with every bite. This goes with every combination of pizza on the menu. If you go anywhere else for pizza in the near future, check out what they put on the pizza. Ask if it's real cheese (ask them to prove it) and how far apart the toppings are from each other. If the sausage and ground beef are pre-packaged in bags pre-cooked, pre-dried, and ready to go, etc. This, to me, is not pizza. It's fake. The price you pay there is not the price for what you think you are getting.
I will not be hung out to dry for that, and I would have told you the same thing had you asked, but you didn't. Like I said, I have been doing this for almost 15 years, and you want to know something I found out? The customer is not always right. Sometimes the customer is ignorant, forgot to take his/her medication, going into diabetic shock, is angry that summer is over, or just has unimaginably high expectations in what they were going to stick into their mouths in my establishment. Yeah, I may listed as number one (On Trip Advisor) in this town when it comes to food, however, I take pride in what I produce and the work that goes into everything that I do. I don't skimp on the amount of food my customers receive, and I try very hard not to gouge them through their wallets. Almost everything is made from scratch. Nothing is prepared ahead of time so it is always fresh. This is why your food took so long to make. Though, maybe it wasn't even about the food. Maybe you saw all of those fabulous reviews, imagined something super spectacular, and magical, and was let down and somehow fooled when all you got was what arrived on your plate. So, of course you became angry and decided after a few days to write this horrible review to somehow stick it to me. I did not write any of these reviews, and I personally hate writing these responses in defense of myself and my staff. It's a small town with a quaint small town atmosphere. You should not blame us for your unhappiness.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We went in and it was busy. We were told it would be an hour wait. Not a problem. Waitress was engaging and funny. Owner was humorous. Food was awesome. Best pizza we had in a long time. We would definitely recommend stopping in. Didn't make it in the next morning for home made cinnamon buns. Next time!

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We were on a motorcycle road trip with 2 other couples heading from Nelson to Kelowna and tried out this little place off the main drag. It didn't look like much from the outside ( my kind of place) but the food, service and price were excellent. I'd recommend it if you have the opportunity
Cheers, Rob

1  Thank maierplus
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Upon my first arival I was hit with the intoxicating aroma of freshly baked breads, and pizza fresh from the oven. Then my eyes adjusted to the indoor light, now I wasn't expecting astonishing decor or a candle lit dinner. But I was greeted with a creeky old door lined with finger marked leather. Venturing furthur into the restaurant all you can see is old post its, wall signs, and memos from the owner. All to compliment the dingy worn down tables, dirty floors, and a generally dusty atmosphere. I was not greeted by anyone inside so instead seated myself. After a few moments the server arrived and informed me she was on her smome break, and coughed the whole while telling me this. I recived my drink, ordered my meal and proceeded the the washroom to clean up. Inside I found a toilet that looked, while aged, as if it was cleaned quite frequently. The sinks was dirty and wet all around, and unfortunately there was water and trash littering the floor. A short while later my food arrived. Ill start by saying while visually unappealing this has to be one of the best diner breakfasts I have ever been served. I order a simple bacon and egg breakfast, from perfectly seasoned hashbrowns to perfectly cooked eggs done exactly how I'd asked for them right down to the homemade, toasted bun. Smell, taste, and texture of everything on my plate was done just right, and to a perfect portion for a price that left me feeling satisfied. If your looking for a great meal, and don't mind dated decor, a "relaxed" wait staff and atmoshphere this is a must try.

1  Thank nobeyone
nicksplace20, Owner at Nick's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thanks for the totally insulting review. Yes, the décor could use a huge upheaval. I admit that fully. However, since we are pretty much the busiest restaurant in town, getting flack for it being in a building that is over 100 years old should not be a huge deal breaker. I can see you fully expected way too much, and you figured that it might be a nice time to take a dump on my establishment by way of my waitress's actions, and the condition of the bathrooms. So, I'm guessing you've never gone into a Tim Horton's or any other place where the toilets were overflowing with excrement, etc.? It could have been much worse, believe me. I have seen worse in higher class places. You liked the prices? Thank the run down condition of the building for that. I could easily have jacked up the prices in May, repainted the place in June and no one would have batted an eye, but I really have a hard time ripping people off unlike some other places with beautiful new facades and paint jobs. It appears that my prices are insane compared to many other places in town and paying top dollar for ready-made is a sad joke to me and always has been.
As usual, you never spoke to me about your gripes while you were here but figured it would be fantastic to come onto Trip advisor to rip me a new one anonymously. I get it. Summer is almost over and everyone gets grumpy around this time because they have to go back home and return to work, etc. It is what it is. Reading this, I would have preferred that you never walked in at all. However, everyone comes back. Even people that leave crappy Trip advisor reviews come back. As for the waitress, people still smoke and that's something we all have to deal with until it is outlawed. Like I said, maybe you should have said something about how disgusted you were. Maybe give us some pointers 'cause I have been totally winging it for 14 years now, and really need some help in running a business. Note the sarcasm? Glad you liked the food though, but not so glad that it did not take priority for this review. Also, thank you for your understanding. Note to Trip advisor: Anonymous reviews are not cool.