“Excellent Pizza Great Breakfast. ”
Review of Nick's Place

Nick's Place
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Nakusp
Cuisines: Fast food, Cafe
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Good sit down or take out pizza restaurant with a remarkably good breakfast menu. Breakfast dishes are huge. Friendly service. We eat here often.

2  Thank RobShelley54

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

We had their pizza. It was excellent. The waitress (didn't catch her name) was funny and casual. Prices were reasonable, and the place was clean.

1  Thank Philip C
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Sunday morning 10 am group of 4 stopped for breakfast. there were 2 other tables occupied,1 with coffee service and the other with 2 persons, awaiting their breakfast.
Our orders of bacon and eggs took 45 mins to be presented at the table. 1 order c/w ham, arrived with ham burned black on underside. Service was only marginal, repeated requests for coffee top ups.

nicksplace20, Owner at Nick's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Just taking a look at my security video cams for July 9, 2017, you arrived at timestamp 10am, were served drinks immediately, and you all ordered your food at timestamp 10:05am. You received your orders at exactly timestamp 10:37am. So, in truth, your food took 32 minutes exactly. Not 45 minutes (LIE). Not too bad for the amount of food that was on my small grill. The singed ham was replaced personally on the house and voluntarily soon after you received your orders. You never even had to ask. This should not have been an issue. Maybe you forgot about that? I doubt it.
We are not in the habit of running around to "top up" coffee. We give re-fills as needed. If that was the case, your coffee would have been double the price. I counted her stopping at your table no less than six times while you were there anyway.
My waitress is top notch and answered many question you all had about Nakusp, the area, the locals, and both Hot Springs. Saying her service was marginal is insulting and quite the opposite of reality. It's amazing how people can smile right at you, and cowardly think to themselves, "Oooh!, I'm going to screw you once I get to a computer with access to Trip Advisor!"
I asked the waitress how everything went, and she said that all of your plates were empty when she cleared your table. To me, this was a good indicator of a job well done. Then, a few days later, all I see is a review consisting of bile.
Did you think you were being anonymous on here? It's not that hard to remember you. The ham was a dead ringer for me. Which was rectified. Also, if I remember correctly, the other couple that was with you have eaten at Nick's Place more than a few times over the years, and probably had to drag you here kicking and screaming. In truth, they probably did you a favor.
Anyway, I have wasted enough time on this. You lied. End of story. I always try to do my best, but sometimes people are fickle, impatient, and downright cruel and are never pleased. It might have been a different situation if you spoke up and told me about your issues because I'm always available to rectify any problems. It appears, however, that some people get enjoyment out of being internet trolls. I'm sure the shock of this response might make you think twice before you decide to defame any other respectable establishments without using your actual voice. Amateur "foodies" should stick to eating at Smitty's or McDonald's if they are in a hurry. Also, remember that all of your reviews are readily available to peruse, and form a picture of the type of person you are. Timestamps don't lie. People who are not genuine to your face should not write Trip Advisor reviews.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Nick's place has always been a favourite of ours. The building itself looks like something to be desired, but the food on the other hand is fantastic. Homemade buns and pizza dough make for great pizza, burgers, and sandwiches.
Prices aren't bad and the food is fresh and quick. Definitely a good place to eat or grab takeout.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

The best pizza ever! They pile on the the cheese and don't skimp on the toppings! They have a quaint eat in restaurant or take it out and sit by the lake and watch the sunset.