All reviews memory foam kitchen unit comfortable bed pleasant walk the river place to stay morning coffee small beach jp angele cabin highway fridge grocery motel summer rates
Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

This is an old property but owners are trying to update. We had to switch rooms because one room had a weird odor but owner was so apologetic and got us set up with another room immediately. Also gave us a refund because room was cheaper. I was surprised because I wouldn't have known and didn't even think of the price difference. Price was reasonable. Owners were very polite. Room clean. Town closes up early. Very quiet spot. If looking for more town life you might want to go to Osoyoos...although rooms are at least double the price.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Angele M, Owner at Riverside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Firstly my apologies for the delayed response, I was reviewing my site today and noticed I missed responding to you.

Thank you for the review, I always try to address any issue as soon as it arises. Making sure customers are comfortable is important to me so happy to hear the switch worked for you. We are dealing with an older property along the river and it is continuous upgrading and maintenance. We work hard to make sure the units are clean, comfortable and reasonably priced to help offset that they are older buildings.

Cheers;
Angele

Reviewed 25 May 2015

I stay at the Riverside every year on summer vacation with friends. We love it. Its like cabin living. Very small property so if you have a couple of rooms you really feel like you own the place. Owners are very friendly. Rooms are simple, clean, and comfortable. Some rooms have kitchenettes which really helps. there are outdoor bbq's available to cook outside and eat at the picnic tables. Literally river-side for a quick swim. even though it is near the highway, it is surprisingly quiet. There aren't many options in Grand Forks and this is one of the best.

Room Tip: great for small families and overnight stop on long trips
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Angele M, Owner at Riverside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Thanks for your review, my apologies for the late response just looking closer I noticed I missed responding. You have hit on so many of the great qualities of our property...thanks again I'm so glad to hear this is your spot:) Cheers Angele

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I chose to stay here after reading the positive reviews. I was told when I made the reservation, that it was a smaller room and so I wasn't that surprised when indeed my room was tiny. It was pretty basic, not dingy but not amazing either. This little place, specifically room 4, was just an okay stay. The cold water tap wasn't working and this miffed me a bit but realistically, I only needed a glass of cold water and could get it from the tub faucet. I did think that if they knew the tap was broken, that they could have put a bottled water in. I could tell the place was looked after and that renovations had been done with what seemed like cork floors and new tiles in bathroom. The bed wasn't that comfortable (I had read a review that spoke of a pillow top) so I wasn't that impressed, it sort of slanted to the right and I could feel the springs. I did think that the blanket between the sheet and the standard motel bed cover was pretty nasty, feeling like a fire retarder blanket... I made sure it didn't touch my body as it felt prickly against my skin. I did have my dog with me and usually he barks if he hears any loud noises. The reviews are right on the button with the noise, as I found it was nice and quiet. I took my dog out for his business in the small courtyard area and then down to the river which was nice and convenient. I'd say that overall there's potential here, and that perhaps the larger rooms were the focus of most of the renovations. There's definitely room for some finishing touches in room 4 - new faucet, new blanket, better mattress and bingo - I'd be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Calyps012
Angele M, Owner at Riverside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thanks very much for your input it's always great to know what needs to be improved upon to make your stay more comfortable. Tap is fixed and a new bed ordered, most of our beds have been replaced but rm#4 is one of the last. We are always working on upgrading the property and you are correct that this room has more work to be done. Hope you do plan to return and thanks again.
Angele

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Riverside. The room was very charming, like a tiny little cabin, and had everything I needed: good water pressure, a wee fridge and a microwave, air-conditioning, and a comfortable bed. Although most hotel names are misnomers, this one actually IS right beside the river. The motel was also very suited for my dog. The room I had opened next to green space, rather than the usual car park, so in the morning I just had to open the door for him to pop out and water the trees.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night driving owner was friendly price was decent room was really dated older but wasn't horrible was a place to stay:) passin threw 3rd pic was the room we stayed. Very clean big rooms cottage like only. Would stay again

• Stayed: July 2013