All reviews indoor pool was very nice affordable vacation great building excellent location a sea view room night life lunch or dinner mini train hotel located biggest problem black sea coast golden sands area clean hotel room was spacious party street private beach bulgaria
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Its really difficult to review this hotel, but I can summarize it to “5 star hotel with 3 star service”.

PROS:
- Location is the main thing here.
- Sea view is important otherwise forget it.

CONS:
- Very rude reception, they never support plus attitude issue.
- Rooms are not clean.
- The hotel needs to be renovated.
- Breakfast quality is below average.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Khalaqi
Reviewed 8 September 2018

I was for one week
best location and clean
we enjoy for stay
I have 2 children (1 year and 9 years old)
I suggest for any family tourist
pool and sea view is best
I think is best hotel in the golden sands with good cost

Room tip: 2and 3 floor and sea side
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2018

From the minute we arrived, I knew this hotel was going to be way below standard. My husband and I were barely greeted with a "hello" from the front desk reception. There is a bar to the left which apparently there only for decoration because it was NEVER open. Our room had a balcony with a beach view which was nice. After a long trip from the US, my husband and I wanted to relax on the balcony and wanted to splurge on the some drinks from the room bar. Unfortunately, the bar was filled with very cheap wines. The "Rose" (if you can even call it that) was not drinkable. The surface of some of the furniture in our room was dusty and dirty. One does not expect this from a five-star hotel.
The real disgrace from this supposed five start hotel was the FOOD!! Breakfast is mediocre. The only good thing are the crepes but my issue is they stop making the crepes fifteen minutes before closing, which is very rude. Breakfast ends at 10:30am so they should continue serving until 10:30am!! One morning we arrived by 10:15am expecting fresh crepes, and the man refused to make anymore. We only had lunch once while there and that was only because we missed the dinner from the night before. We got to lunch (mind you we were the only ones there) and we were not told what was on the menu. The waitress simply said we have soup, salad, entre, and dessert and that's it! The food was very sub-standard. The entre was a chewy, rubbery chicken. But the truly coup de grace was the dinner!! It is buffet style and honestly, I would be embarrassed to serve this food in my own house never mind a supposed five-star hotel. The food was DISGUSTING! Everything was obviously microwaved and old. The fish was hard as a rock and tasteless. Literally the only thing I tasted was corn because that was the only thing that look decent. My husband had paid for breakfast and dinner included from our stay, but after that horrible night, we avoided their dinner service and managed to find decent restaurants in Varna/Golden Sands.
I have to say that I have never stayed at hotels where I felt so unwelcome. We stayed there for one week and we were NEVER greeted with a warm hello in the morning nor in the evening. When it comes to guest relations, I give the staff at this hotel a ZERO.
Overall, I think the fact that this hotel is rated as a five star hotel is a joke!! Please, please, please avoid this hotel if you choose to stay in Golden Sands. Our last couple of nights there, my husband and I were so discouraged we saw other hotels in the area which looked a lot more new, modern, and staff that actually greeted people when they walked in.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stephanie P
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Just come back from a weeks stay at the admiral hotel, beautiful hotel, the location is perfect right next to plenty of resturants and bars, but not to close to the noisy ones, the pool is located across the road right next to the beach, it's a massive area and never had a problem getting a bed even in the night of the season, they also supplied free use of towels, which we didn't need as brought our own. Be warned the sun beds on the beach is separate from the hotel and are at great cost! Soon adds up if u use everyday. We had the day at the aqua park and there is a free shuttle bus right outside the hotel which is a bonus as taxis from the resort are very costly get a number of a taxi firm from airport if u need to use one.
We had a connecting family room which was great, the rooms are very spacious and clean towels left every day, there is a free safe in each room nice balcony and free shower supplies.
We had breakfast and dinner included in our stay, breakfast was simple, but had pretty much everything u need for a morning meal, dinner was basic but we only ate a few times as it was just as cheap to eat out.
Overall we had a great stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel
But expensive
Reception could be more helpful
On a 5 Star hotel you should pay for Tea and coffea in the room
Breakfast nice
Too noisy around hotel especially from German bar
Sofa was not Good for sleeping for the kids

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple