All reviews a la carte restaurants snack bar gala night animation team rose petals food is high quality kebab aqua gym cocktail games white band indoor pool was heated second week water polo balkan holidays sea view kids food mini disco
Reviewed 19 August 2018

Yesterday I returned from the most resting and pampered holiday I have had for the last years. First things first. Communication. I bought my tickets for my husband and my 8 year old daughter with early booking program. Due to the fact I came by travel agency bus transportation, we arrived at 12:30. We asked to pay early check in (20 leva/room) order to benefit ultra all inclusive immediately and not at 14:00hrs when the hotel makes check in. Please be informed I had all my information regarding the parking, early check in, etc. from the hotel due to the e-mail communication. They welcome us with drinks and they invite us to take lunch informing us they would tell us when our room is ready. Please be informed we also chose also late check in before 15:00 due to the fact our bus would have come around 15:30 and we paid around 40 leva. I recommend this for families with children, the hotel is very clean, the food is great and outside the hotel I do not trust the food/meal served. All the meals served, breakfast, lunch and dinner reach all the tastes and options if you are a vegetarian, a meat lover or healthy food person. The surprise for me was champagne at breakfast and blue cheese, hot baked rolls, etc. Please try their rose petals jam or rose petals liqueur on ice rocks. The cleaning of the room was made daily and of course there is also an animal towels surprise on the bed for my delight of my daughter. The fridge was refilled daily with soft drinks, beer and water. The towels were changed daily. They are paying attention to all details. One day, when we want to have lunch on the terrace, there was a dirt from a bird on the chair. I asked my husband to bring a paper towel to clean it and I went with my daughter to take her lunch from buffet. When we returned it was already cleaned. The ice serving lady near us must have heard us and did the job. :). We participated at Gala Dinner when we had the occasion to meet the staff and taste delicious sea foods and special cakes. The entertainment team was taking care all day and evening for the guests starting with children and finishing with their parents with games, dances, aqua gym, contests, etc. There is also a private beach where the sands is cleaned and prepared daily for welcoming the guests. We had a parasol and 2 sunbeds free of charge. Even the hotel mentioned there are no reservations made in advance for this, there were guys who come early and put their towels on their favorite sunbeds. This was frustrating, because I came very early and these sunbeds, especially first line, were occupied with towels until 12:00 by guests just in case they might come. I would have also loved to have a beach bar near the sea, but who knows, maybe Arabella will have one next year when I definitely will come again with my family!!!!! My heart congratulations for all the staff team in Hotel Arabella, starting with bell boy and finishing with management, it is the best visit card in tourism!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have best sea view
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
GrifidArabella, Guest Relations Manager at Grifid Hotel Arabella, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Eliza,
thank you very much for your great review. We really hope to see you again next year.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 6 August 2018

We've just got back from a holiday at this hotel with our children ( 1 and a half & 5 year old). I'm not recommending this hotel for families with small children as the area around is full with discos and bars and during the night it can get really loud. The apartment was acceptable but not the noise during the night. Also my toddler got rotavirus from this place(he started to got sick the day we arrived home and the incubation is 1-2 days). Also the manager refused us to serve lunch on the day of the check out saying that we can use the shack bar. At the snack bar there was nothing healthy for my 1 year old to eat. So we will never go back. But I gave 3 starts because there were many that seem to have a good time, the personnel was kind and the food at the main restaurant was ok. Oh, and the wi fi was very bad

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
GrifidArabella, Guest Relations Manager at Grifid Hotel Arabella, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Anca,
Thank you for your review. The package in all Grifid hotels starts with lunch at snack restaurant at 14h. and finishes with continental breakfast at 12h. If requested we always do exeptions for families with children. We regret that your child got sick after you came back home. For the period of your stay (28.07-04.08) till now there aren't any cases of rota virus reported from our clients.

We are very sorry that you left our hotel dissupointed.

We will be grateful if you give us another chance.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Why does the elevator makes so much noice ?? (21/06)
We can hear it day and night on the 7th floor ?

Poor airco :(

Food is very good. Friendly staff !
Wifi ok, also in the room.
Room is modern and big.
Cleanliness : 10/10 !

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
GrifidArabella, Guest Relations Manager at Grifid Hotel Arabella, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Selina,
thank you for choosing hotel Arabella and for your review. Looking forward to see you again!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Having very good reviews, we decided to spend few days at the beginning of June and we booked a sea view de lux room.
At the reception, when I received the key of my room I asked if the room has sea view and a young lady from the reception underlined me “of course”. The room was at the second floor and “of course” has no sea view, only pool view. I paid for a sea view de lux room and I “of course” I received something else. In the rest all other meals, bar, cleaning was ok. The animation team was very poor. When we leave the hotel, the same young lady from the reception looked at the clock to see if we exceeded hour 12. It was 11.15 and before leaving I wanted to have a coffee, but the behavior of the young lady from the reception decided me to leave the hotel as soon as possible.

Room Tip: All the rooms from 1-4 floors have only pool view!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
GrifidArabella, Guest Relations Manager at Grifid Hotel Arabella, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Gabi,

thank you for your review. Your opinion is very important for us.
We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We stayed at Arabella Grifid for 2 nights. We go to Bulgarian seaside almost every year for the last 10 years. So we are used with the best and the bad from Bulgarian hotels.
We arrived at 12.30 am, but they were firm about making check in at 14.00. They gave us a paper for the hotel’s parking, without telling us about the costs and about other possibilities. At checkout we found out that for 2days parking we should pay 40 leva. Just down the hotel there is an underground parking (the hotel parking is outside) with just 12 leva / day.
We were given an upgrade to our rooms (we were 4 families). We paid for double rooms and we were upgraded to apartments. But even if we had sea view, because we stayed at the 2nd floor we just saw the hotel in front of us (very close to our balcony).
Good points: cleaning, close to center and beach, private beach. The food was good.
Every time we stayed on Bulgarian hotels or in another country if we enter with lunch we leave with breakfast or if we enter with dinner we leave with lunch. Because in this case we entered with dinner (or pool bar snacks) we calculate that we will leave after lunch. We had children in our group and it was better for them to eat before leaving. Unfortunately at leaving we were told that lunch is not included (so even if we paid 2 nights we only had 1 lunch). This was a bad surprise for us. I contact our tourist operator and also they didn’t know about this. If I pay 2 nights I expect to have 2 x breakfast, lunch and dinner. After we asked about it the receptionist told us that they will make an exception for us. What from our point of view was paid and was fair mindedness for them was an exception.
In the offer from hotel was included also kids club and mini disco. We didn’t have mini disco at all. And we didn’t see any animation team for kids.
Because of lack of communication about the services (parking & lunch) I think they should improve the communication’s standards.

Room Tip: If you want a sea view you should ask for upper levels
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
GrifidArabella, Guest Relations Manager at Grifid Hotel Arabella, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear Roxana,

thank you very much for your review. We are very sorry for the misunderstanding about the parking. In all websites and tourist catalogs there is a information, that the parking is a payable service, as well as at the entrance of the hotel before the barrier. In the most of the hotels in the world check in start at 14.00h. and check out at 12.00h. In Grifid hotels the accommodation begin also at 14.00h. with snack(sandwich,salads, fruits,duner,hot-dog and etc.) and finish with breakfast.

We hope to see you again soon.