US$ 162
US$ 152
Grifid Hotel Metropol(Golden Sands)
US$ 249
US$ 153
US$ 144
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
HVD Viva Hotel(Golden Sands)
US$ 202
Apart Hotel Golden Line(Golden Sands)(Great Value!)
US$ 86
US$ 74
Grifid Encanto Beach(Golden Sands)
US$ 211
TripAdvisor
Alen Mak 7(Golden Sands)
TripAdvisor
Alen Mak Guest House(Golden Sands)
Agoda.com
1,371 results
All reviewslevel restaurantlevel guestslevel roomsunshine cafesea viewpaellaseparate restaurantindoor poollarge hotelanimation teamfive star hotelmain restaurantgreat facilitieswater slidesall inclusive programper dayrooms are big
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Location was perfect, service was great! The room was absolutely beautiful & one of the cleanest rooms I've ever been in!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tmflyaway
qualityhermitage, Manager at Melia Grand Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Dear tmflyaway,

We are glad you have enjoyed your holiday with us and we would like to thank you about the time taken to share your impressions.

We are looking forward to welcome you back again soon.

Greetings from Golden Sands,

Reviewed 13 June 2012

I stayed in the hotel one week with my family and we enjoyed so much, rooms are nice and big and hotel is very clean. Food was everything you need and more, very delicious meals. And the staff is absolutely great - everybody is smiling at you, and particulary we enjoyed the Animation team - they really make you have fun! Girls from SPA were also so nice and polite! I would recomend the hotel definitely!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank MatthL93
qualityhermitage, Manager at Melia Grand Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Dear MatthL93,

Thank you very much for having finding the time to share your holiday impressions about your stay here in Melia Grand Hermitage. It is wonderful that we have met your expectations and reach your satisfaction.

We hope that you will visit us soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 8 June 2012

I booked at Melia Golden Sands last weekend for 3 nights, me and my son. I choose the hotel, because we've already stayed there in the past and we've enjoyed it. I cannot complain about the hotel itself, exept the thing that once I had to knock on the wall to make my neighbor to turn down the volume of the tv set, and also about the price I find too expensive for the parking (10 euros per night) which is not included in the total price, so you have to pay extra.
What annoyed me most is the fact that once I got back home, I found that two of my tee shirts were missing and I was very surprised about that, because usually I don't forget things in the hotel rooms. I contacted the manager who tried (or at least that what she made me believe) to do her best to find them, but unfortunately, it appears that I have left them elsewhere or I didn't have them at all form the begining.
I consider this a shame for a five stars hotel where you expect the maximum of seriousness.
It won't definetely be a next time for me in this hotel.

Room Tip: The best rooms are those with see view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Luciano_6410
qualityhermitage, Manager at Melia Grand Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Dear Luciano_6410,

Thank you for choosing us again for the vacation with your son. We are thankful for your review and we are taking each detail in consideration. Regarding the parking price, we think it is quite normal, having in mind that the hotel has a central position in Golden Sands and we offer absolutely secure parking spots and covered parking as well. This price is not included in the total price because most of our guests are coming in groups with charter flights and with organized transfers.
With reference to the situation with your missing T-shirts, I would like to assure you one more time, as I did in our private correspondence, that our staff, including me and the housekeeping manager, we did the best to find T-shirts with the description you gave us. We took your case very seriously and we did deep investigation. Unfortunately we do not have any news about this case. In addition I would like to mention that the chamber maid who was cleaning your room is one of our most experienced and we fully trust her as she has repeatedly proved her loyalty to the hotel and to our guests.

We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again in the future here in Melia Grand Hermitage or in any other hotel of Melia Hotels & Resorts.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 4 June 2012

We were 3 years ago in Golden Sands.
Bugaria is a lovely destination,but only in touristic areas,like sea-shore.Here,some profesional brands,like RIU,MELIA etc.are present,with their know-how,so you feel like in the famous resorts from Italy or France,much better than Greece.
Melia Grand Hermitage,former Kempinsky Grand Hermitage,is the right example for low-cost luxury.For this money,you have almost nothing in Italy resorts.Of course,sometimes the services are not top level,but they are more than you can expect for this money.Large rooms,quality furniture(in Italy you have to spend ten times more for the same ).
Also,Golden Sands have a night life very attractive,lot of restaurants and bars with live music,good food,and friendly people.
You will never find this kind of atmosphere in the Italy or French coast,so ,if you like to have more than a restaurant and a walk in the evening,just try it!

Room Tip: "level" rooms are better
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank danmirela

Dear danmirela,

Thank you very much for choosing Melia Grand Hermitage and Bulgaria for your holiday. We believe that each destination has its own priorities and our main goal is to give the best of them to our guests. We are glad that we have reached your satisfaction and we hope that you will come to visit us again.

Greetings from sunny Golden Sands,

Reviewed 3 June 2012

We have just spent two weeks at this hotel and I must say, the service was exceptional. we upgraded to The Level and it was well worth it: We had a large superior room on the 6th floor with sea view. Big bathroom with shower and bath, dressing gowns and quality toiletries replenished each day. free minibar housing still and tonic water, fresh orange, Fantas cokes and beers. Nuts crisps and a toblerone. You could have asked for more I expect. No tea or coffee, although from 2.30pm to 10pm you could get it in the Level Lounge exclusive to Level guests, No kids allowed) and between 2.30pm til 5 pm there was free alcoholic drinks both International and Local, (all spirits), soft drinks and tea coffee and hot chocolate. afternoon tea started at 4pm with a selection of cakes and nuts. Comfy lounge with large screen tv located on the 8th floor with fab views. Included in the package was free use of the sauna and Hamaman (Turkish Bath). Also a separate dining area for level guests. We were on breakfast only, and the service in the Level restaurant at breakfast was superb. We had freshly squeezed juice every day and the breakfast buffet was extensive. Some days we had champagne and there was smoked salmon. The waitresses always looked happy and were there to replenish drinks and clear plates in a jiffy.Separate check in (which was supposed to be express but there were some Chinese people with a hundred questions in front of us so it took 25 mins to check in). The hotel is set back from the road so it is fairly quiet. Nice beach in front and the hotel has its own beds and brollies free for Level guests. Make sure you go to the white parasols as some gorilla was trying to charge us (blue parasols), and he was quite aggressive. Plenty of beds around the pool, free towels, separate area for the Level guests. If you are on an ordinary package, it could get costly as costs inside the hotel including sauna etc expensive specially for Bulgaria. Also the Hermitage Restaurant did not look as nice and when there is a lot of guests it was noisy when we walked past. If you want the buffet in there and are not on half board it costs 36 levs each, 44 levs in The Level restaurant, (which would be worth the extra for the good service.)The only thing we didn't like was the animation team. We arrived in Bulgaria 19th May which is about a month into the season, and we found there was no proper timetable of activities and they did not motivate the guests to do anything. The weather was rainy some days and the team was nowhere to be found. On the last day 1st June when it was sunny all day, they started annoying water polo in the main Pool, annoying tannoy announcements while you were sat around the pool (Salsa Lessons come and join etc) and then later a show and kids disco so noise from 8.30pm til 11pm. Tannoy was because they were too lazy to approach guests. I got caught for indoor pool aerobics the day before I left, (only just started then don't know why not the week before) and it was boring, more strength than aerobic, full of silly Russian/ Ukraine girls giggling and fawning over the instructor. Check out was efficient and breakfast waiting at 02.30am before we left which was nice of them even though could only manage a bit at that time of the morning. Apart from the animation saga, the only other annoyances were the Al Dente restaurant was closed the whole time we were there, and The hamaman wasn't in operation for a few days as there was a problem with it. Ask for a non-smoking room unless you smoke. My husband had the Tibetan Ritual massage and I had the Balinese massage in the hotel. Although pleasant, I don't think we had the full works which were described for the types of massage such as I was supposed to have hot stones which never materialised and I think my husband had almost the same as me and it was supposed to be different. We had a good massage on the beach from a lady almost directly in line with the hotel who charges a lev a minute and that was the cheapest along the strip. It was well worth it and she found the problem area in my shoulder which i did not tell her about so she knew what she was doing. I would not have bothered with the hotel one if I had found her first. I would recommend this hotel for a stay as I think it is the best one in Golden Sands. We had cakes in the Viennese cafe in the Admiral which is a five star and also looks good but has not got the same finesse as the Melia and it is also nearer the road. I slept well in the big kingsize bed better than at home, and the two weeks there passed far too quickly.

Room Tip: 6th floor great sea view, allocated to Level guests You definitely need THE LEVEL.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Honesty183
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Dear " Honesty183", my name is Anna Gancheva.
First of all I would like to thank you very much for choosing us for your vacation and sharing your experience with us. We highly appreciate your positive comments about our service and our "Level" facilities in particular.
On the other hand our animation manager has taken immediate actions to improve the animation program. Here are some of them: 1) during bad weather more indoor activities and more funny happenings in the lobby; 2) to decrease the volume of the microphone during the daily program and more public relations in order to reach and involve more guests in the activities.
Meanwhile in the YHI Spa was provided refreshing training for all procedures and treatments but just for your information according to the brochure and confirmed by the Spa manager, only the Mandala treatment and Tibetian massage include stones in the process.
We are sure that next time you come to visit us we will exceed your expectations.