1,429 results
All reviews level restaurant level guests level room sunshine cafe paella separate restaurant sea view large hotel indoor pool animation team main restaurant five star hotel water slides great facilities all inclusive program per day rooms are big
Reviewed 31 August 2011

As I have been in Melia hotels in other countries, I decided to book a room in Melia Grand Hermitage and to combine business I have in the area and to relax a bit. I may say I did excellent choice. Golden Sands resort is very close to the city and only in 15-20 minutes I was in the hotel and it was like a dream come true after the busy day.
The hotel is very spacious and stylish. The room was very cosy and the view I had...unbelievable. I booked some spa treatments and I am happy with the service I got. What I liked the most is the breakfast, enough variety, nice plates, fresh fruites, all the staff around you was smiling and greeting. I felt really comfortable.
I will definately come back with my friends.

Room Tip: Better book room Level
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank J K
Reviewed 31 August 2011

This is supposedly one of the best hotel options in Golden Sands - makes me wonder how dreadful the other places must be.... We stayed here for two nights for a conference and it reminded us why we hate beach side all inclusive type of holiday.
The hotel itself was absolutely fine - nicely sized rooms with adequate furnishing and bathroom. The staff was sort of friendly and helpful, but didn't seem very happy about being there. The swimming pool area was nice, there seemed to be enough sunbeds for everybody. The hotel doesn't have a private beach, so you have to pay for your spot on the beach (an umbrella and two sunbeds) - around 15 pounds for two/day. The gym was tiny and most of the equipment old and broken.
The big BUT was the food - I've been living in Bulgaria for the past two years, I have eaten in fair amount of posh restaurants as well as road side cafes, I love bulgarian cuisine - well I simply love my food - however this was a shocking experience. I appreciate that preparing food for gizilions of hungry all-inclusive tourist is not a simple task, however it does not mean that appalling luke warm unidentifiable food has to be served. (NB. the food for the conference was catered from outside restaurants - cooks not capable of decent meal? - perhaps).
Their motto seems to be "cutting corners" - orange juice - nope - only chemically tasting orange squash, scrambled fresh eggs - nope - scrambled powdered eggs... The pool bar was a chapter on its own - they had to call the room service to bring a bottle of mineral water, as they only served water from a post mix soda dispenser (in a cheap plastic cup).

This really isn't my idea of a 5 star hotel. Would I ever go back - definitely NOT. Would I recommend anybody to stay in this hotel? No. Would I recommend you to stay in Golden Sands? - If Magaluf is your favourite holiday destination, you will love this place....

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Zuzka123
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I have been at other 5 start all inclusive hotels, I would rate this hotel 4.7
The hotel seem to carter for family/couples. Evening entrainment was fun. The choice at lunch, dinner and at the snack bar was limited. But the hotel and rooms were clean. Plenty of hot water for showers at night. We always got a pool lounger after breakfast 10am. Beach was 100m down lots of steps. Beach loungers were 8LV aday. Thanks for reading my review. Hope this helps

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank holiday4mee
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We, me and my colleagues, attended a conference in Melia Grand Hermitage two months ago. The organisation was perfect. At the reception girls are really friendly and helpful. The sales team assisted in everything we needed for the meetings. I went there with my little girl and my husband. The animation girls took care of her while working. The breakfast was good, variety of food, there's something for every one. We were on BB, but next time will go for family vacation and will try the AI and for sure this The Level program and service which is value for money. Highly recommend and will come back soon!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Andreea_ciprianu
Reviewed 26 August 2011

there was very crowded and also not as good as the pictures on internet. the food was not very good . when we arrived nobody said welcome to us and the rooms got ready after 5 hour !!!!!! there was not any vitamin bar and the facilities in the gym was not enough and they were very old!!!!!!! the room was good. in the restaurant we only enjoy the sweets. the bar was not very clean and the restaurant closed at 9pm!!!!! the hotel have not disco and the entertainment was not good.

Dorian from Iran