All reviews room apartment the sofa bed reception staff early in the season inclusive bar baby pool all inclusive option daily cleaning self catering pool games big variety every other day comfortable beds good size large pool plenty of sunbeds a great stay
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

We spent a very nice holiday at Golden Line with our 2-year old son. A wide variety if foods and beverages in the all-inclusive package. Lots of activities on site organized by a very lively animation team. Pretty close to the coast as well. A great stay overall

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
GM_Golden_Line, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Apart Hotel Golden Line, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback!
Thank you for choosing our hotel for recreation with a child, we are glad that you liked everything. We wish you all the best and will be glad to see you again.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our 12 nights at the golden line hotel. We hadn't been sure what to expect as never considered Bulgaria before but it exceeded our expectations. Firstly, this is not an English speaking country and attracts mainly Russian tourists so anyone expecting Spain may be disappointed. That being said we didn't struggle, we found that there was English menus in all nearby restaurants etc and you cannot beat the exchange rate making everything so cheap to buy.
We didn't opt for all inclusive as didn't want to be tied to the hotel all the time. We were really happy we hadn't as you can pay 40lev (approx 20 pounds) per adult and 20 lev per child per day at the Hotel to add this on afterwards.So for 67 pounds a day our family of 5 could experience the unlimited food and drinks on days of our choice. The buffet is very nice, pancakes at breakfast, salads and lots of different choices of main meals, as well as a range of puddings and ice cream. The children loved the slushies, and we liked them spiked with vodka!
As we didn't do all inclusive all the time we were able to explore, taking the 409 bus into varna for the museums and roman baths, which had no crowds and were amazing. We also bought an excursion to a Bulgarian village and the stone forest from one of the beach vendors. This was incredible value! We were collected in a air conditioned coach, lunch with wine and reiki was included along with tradtional singing dancing and a mini river cruise. Whilst in the area we also went to aquopolis, which was our most expensive day out, however still excellent value.
We had a 1 bedroom apartment, which was spacious and the balcony was particularly nice. Air conditioning worked perfectly and the room maids clean daily.
I used the beauty salon for a good haircut and an amazing Turkish bath with massage.
There had been some complaints about the facilities and I'd agree not everything is perfect (the grout in our bathroom for example) ,however for value I don't think the Golden line can be beaten.The animation team were lovely,our children loved Chris and enjoyed the water aerobics and water polo. All entertainment stopped by 10pm so perfect when you are on a family holiday. The pool was definitely the nicest we saw in golden sands,it's huge so never feels crowded and they keep it cool but in the heat that's what's needed! Plenty of loungers, we didn't even bother reserving any on our last day and got 4 straight away. We had a perfect family Holiday and would definitely return!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank hayleyansell
GM_Golden_Line, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Apart Hotel Golden Line, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear guest, Thank you for your wonderful review. For a detailed description of the hotel and the infrastructure of golden sands in general. We want to wish you a productive year and will be very happy to see you again next year!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend had an amazing time in Golden line. Super kind staff, everything was clean and nice, the manager was always helpful and smiling. The food in the restaurant was excellent. There is a nice swimming pool where you can enjoy your time.

Stayed: May 2018

Dear guest, thank you for your excellent feedback.
We are very pleased that you were satisfied with your vacation in our hotel. We want to wish you all the best and we will be very glad to see you again.

Sincerely, Alexandra Venediktova

Reviewed 27 August 2018

This is a medium size professionally run hotel. The owner, his wife and his Two young daughters take care of guests. Making sure everyone is happy.
The all inclusive package is the best and the cheapest package I ever had. great Food and drinks. Lots of activities and entertainments in the pool area.
I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Please ask for higher levels. Better view
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Dear guest, thank you for your positive and kind feedback.
We want to wish you all the best and will be glad to see you again!
PS: See you soon in Russia!

Best regards, Alexandra Venediktova

Reviewed 24 August 2018

The Golden Line Aparthotel is located a couple of blocks back from the beachfront areas, but you can easily walk down in a fairly direct line using some (reasonably steep) stairs along a right-of-way, which takes about 5 minutes. There is also fairly direct access up towards the main road to/from Varna and the 409 bus stop near Joya Park Complex. I wouldn't recommend walking this way with heavy luggage unless you're mobile and reasonably fit, as it also involves some stairs and slightly rough walkways. It's about a 10-15 minute walk, or longer if you walk along the roads to avoid the stairs. This 409 bus takes you direct to Varna and Varna Airport, though there is no stop convenient for Aladzha Monastery - probably some arrangement with the local taxi mafias!
While I didn't have a car in Golden Sands, I would have to agree with earlier comments by "dodli" in relation to car parking. There are only a few spots along the back of the hotel which are usually taken up by others. There is, however, another carpark attached to the hotel which has more spaces available, but this is accessed through a boomgate so I suspect you'd need to arrange access at reception.
I was pleased with the overall standard of the hotel. Unfortunately on this occasion I wasn't able to check in early, however my bags were stored in a secure locker room (no receipt provided) whenever I needed. Reception staff were usually quite friendly and obliging, though their English language skills weren't always the best. Nonetheless, English is not the official language of Bulgaria!
I had some concerns about disabled access at the hotel, it is very difficult to get down to the pool area from the main reception floor without using stairs or going a very long distance. This was the same when trying to get to the breakfast area. You could take the lifts down to the correct floor but then be met with a locked glass door at one end, or have to go through the beauty spa at the other end, which doesn't open till a bit later, so again, you could be met with a locked door. At times there was only one life operating.
The hotel pool was also an issue. While the temperature and size were acceptable, I was disgusted by the treatment afforded to me by the lifeguard when I tried to use the pool at 18:55 one evening. The signs say that the pool is open till 20:00 (which is still too early a closing time for a resort this size in summertime, when the sun doesn't go down till after 21:00!). The young pool attendant watched me stand at the edge of the pool while still dry, watched me slowly enter the pool, and only then did he start yelling to me that the pool shuts at 19:00. Obviously he wanted to go home early or had a date with some young girl, because he was contravening the advertised closing time of 20:00. When I pointed out my concerns and also mentioned that he could have told me straight away, not waited till I got wet, he was unfriendly, abusive and uncompromising. He said he had to clean and tidy the area, but he did no such thing when I got out - he just left and presumably went home! I did a few laps while he pretended to call security, and later reported my negative experience to the management at reception, who didn't really care. This standard of service was unacceptable.
The breakfast offering was excellent, with a big variety that included freshly made waffles and pancakes.
There was a small shop attached to the rear of the hotel, although there were better supermarkets at the northern end of Golden Sands that offered better prices and a much bigger variety of products.
My room was clean and modern, and while the shower pressure was low, everything worked as it should have. The bedhead had some damage but this didn't cause me any trouble. The room also included a full sized fridge, hairdryer, bathtub and balcony which all impressed me as I paid A$57.64 per night for a twin room with breakfast included. Strangely, I recall that reception needed me to email them my Agoda booking voucher, but I obliged their request as it wasn't too much trouble.
Overall I think the hotel was well located, close enough to the middle of Golden Sands. It was good value for money, clean and modern. Service standards were mixed, but I would probably return if I needed somewhere to stay in this area again.

Room Tip: Views at the back of the hotel aren't particularly interesting
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear guest, Thank you for your wonderful review. , your comment is very important for us. For a detailed description of the hotel and the infrastructure of golden sands in general. We want to wish you a productive year and will be very happy to see you again next year!