“the best”

Ranked #14 of 221 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Manchester, United Kingdom
“the best”
Reviewed 12 October 2011

me and my husband visited the tiara beach, this july and i have to say that this is the best hotel i have EVER stayed at! i cannot fault a certain thing as everything was perfect. there was so much variety for food! and it was a different theme every night.
my room was always clean and had a lovely decoration with the towels once the maid had finished with the room.
worth every penny and if i was 2 ever go to bulgaria again, then i would definitely stay at the tiara beach hotel! recommended to all!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank liz b
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2011

we went to this hotel all inclusive
The hotel was spotless, I have never seen somewhere so clean, the rooms were modern and had a very good air conditioning.

I cant believe some of the reviews on here, i went to this hotel a little worried after reading about the food, i had nothing to be worried about, the food was tasty and more than edible every night. The only people were complaining were the ones asking for fish fingers!

There was a lot of choice in the all inclusive menu for drinks and plenty of cocktails included

Its close enough to the old town and most of the action whilst still been a quiet and pleasant location, about 5 minutes walk to all the pubs/clubs. Everything is very cheap outside the hotel still about 60p for a big beer.

The only reason this hotel hasn't got a five star from me is the entertainment in the evening was pretty rubbish, maybe because it was nearing the end of season.

Would recommend

Room Tip: Ask for one with a pool view! on the second floor preferably!
8 Thank laurenjt
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We arrived at 4pm on Saturday,the check in was great along with the bellboy escorting you to your room.Was informed of all mealtimes and was told we could have a snack just now.
Our room was spotless,my wife is quite fussy about sanitation was delighted with the standard in the bathroom/shower.The balcony was nice as well.

The food was fantastic the first week,loads of choice,but you got the feeling it was tailored to a German taste.The second week the food got a bit samey and seemed to drop in quality,maybe they were using up all the stock before shutdown.The dining staff were excellent and very attentive,we always ate outside on the balcony which like everywhere else was spotless.The hotel seems to have an army of cleaners working non stop.Very impressive.

Nessebar was a wonderful day out,so was the boat trip that sailed from the same place,the Black Sea was actually warmer than our hotel pool,the reps all had a laugh about this!!!!

Sunny Beach is a good resort for loads of shopping,most shops selling the same stuff, 200 cigarettes are £24,drink and food in the many bars are so cheap,there was always a push to get you into their bars, but a little bit of humour always seemed to be the best way.

I think my only complaint and it's not the hotels fault,the majority of guests were German,who proved that quite a few of them were rude and arrogant.Some of the lobby bar staff tended to serve the Germans before Brits,even though you were there before them.This was the most constant gripe by Brits.

All in all a great relaxing time,will definately go back.

Room Tip: Pool view for the sun in the morning and early afternoon.
8 Thank Terry C
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I was a wee bit apprehensive after reading some not so good reviews on here about the Tiara Beach,But all i can think is that the writers of those negative reviews must be the kind of people out looking for something to moan about.!st of all we arrived at 1.30 am were welcomed by the reception staff and told where the resteraunt was if we wanted a snack,Then all our luggage was delivered promptly to our two rooms,Having 2 adults and 2 kids in 1 room and Granny and 2 teenagers in the other we thought the rooms might have been a bit cramped but to our surprise they were very spacious!Food was good,as has been said before it is not your traditional british fayre,but why go on holiday and eat as you would at home,we tried loads of new things,but if you are fussy there is always the old engliush staple of chips and pizza!!! Beer,Cocktails and wine were forever flowing,and no one ever restricting the amount of drinks you can order at 1 time so if 7 of you were sitting 1 of you could go to the bar and order drinks for all which was great,Yordan on the bar is the man to go to if you like your drinks STRONG,even his weak onesmade me wince!!!! Dani on the bar was lovely too!!! Beach was amazing with lifeguards stationed every 100 meters along sunnybeach and they are very observant.Back at the hotel the place is kept spotlessly clean and the gardens are beautifully kept.The Animation team were fabulous too,Working 14 hour days in the heat and always with a smile and a chat when they see you,stan and Mr.Bobby doing the shooting competition in the morning was hilarious,Proper comedy duo!!! All in all if you are looking for a relaxing holiday and want to try something different go out and give it a try,As for the place being mostly German guests that was rubbish .We met a lot of nice english,scottish irish and german guests all out to have a good time.Definetly going back out next year,SEE YOU ALL IN MAY GUYS

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
11 Thank leopardoddball
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2011

My wife and I are both in our 50’s and visited the 4 star Tiara Beach Iberostar Hotel for 10 days all inclusive in mid September 2011. This was our first trip to Bulgaria and our overall experience was excellent.
The transfer to sunny beach area was just 30 minutes and on arrival at the hotel at 3 pm local time we had a warm greeting and fast check in. We enquired as to where the restaurant was for breakfast to be shown and invited to help ourselves to a prepared buffet. This was a very nice touch and because we did not have food on the plane, most welcome.
The buffet food at the hotel was excellent, plenty of choice so good for the most discerning guests. My only criticism was that on average 25% of the food was cold, this included soups, and I do not include the gazpacho. Chips were always cold, even when I spotted a fresh batch being delivered, I was there within seconds and they were still cold. Don’t let this put you off, just a little annoying and a shame for the chef.
The hotel is absolutely spotless; they have an army of cleaners who seem to be there 24 / 7. The restaurant and bar staff are very polite, efficient, smart and bi-lingual. The bars are open from 9am to midnight and no silly restrictions as to how many drinks you can take at one time. One thing that was pointed out to my wife, there were no nibbles on the bar tables, this would have been a nice touch and cost very little to provide. You are able to hire towels; the pool area is great and a separate pool with many slides for kids. The massage and spa area was very expensive, so much so that my wife and I had a massage on the beach which was £15 each for 45 minutes. Whilst I am on the subject of the beach it was wonderful, just a five minute walk, lovely sand, a café and loungers for hire. That said two loungers and a parasol was £10 for the day, not a vast amount of money but enough if you are on a budget.
There was plenty of night life within a two minute stroll, you could take the bus to central area, but not necessary to do so. Great bars, good cheap food and very cheap beer (large beer 40p), we were on AI basis but did have the odd meal and drink locally. Music, quizzes, Sunday lunch (every day) and lovely spit roast available. We did go out for a steak one evening and were very disappointed, mind you sometime steaks at home are not so tender.
We took two trips, one was to Nessebar, a small village just a short bus ride away and it is lovely and well worth a visit or two. The bus service is great, very cheap and very simple to use. We also went to Khans Tent one evening, this is not to be missed, a must see and great fun. My wife and I are lucky to have seen shows on cruise ships, The Moulin Rouge, West end of London and Las Vegas and this tops the lot. Four course meal, a bottle of wine each, a glass of ouzo and great floor show all for £30 each including door to door transfer. This trip was £40 each with the rep, we booked at a shop near the beach for exactly the same thing.
The hotel provided a shower room for the last day, which was free and most welcome, again easy transfer and flight home.
On a negative note we did have my TomTom stolen from inside my room, which was locked in a travel bag and inside a suite case. The case was opened and the bag was cut open, I won’t bore you with all of the details, but I did see hotel staff, Police and my travel rep. The rep was fantastic, as were the police, but the hotel manager was not so good. She was in denial that this could happen in her hotel and never has before; she knows the staff and none of them would do such a thing. Well it did happen and left a nasty taste, the police assure me that they will investigate and write to me with their findings.
I do not want to end on a negative, all in all we had a wonderful time, highly recommend the holiday and we will go back again.

8 Thank 186361Steve