“Clean, Friendly and Comfortable.”

Mayville HomeTown Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mayville
Mayville HomeTown Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mayville
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Smaller, independent accommodations often do not meet the expectations of travelers who are use to the conveniences and trust the brand name of lodging conglomerates. Not only did Mayville's Hometown Inn provide a comfortable stay at a reasonable price; its cleanliness and friendliness exceeds that of larger, more familiar places to stay.
Please don't misinterpret my excellent rating: Mayville Hometown Inn isn't going to win any interior fashion awards. Room service, a pool, etc. will not be found here. This is not a luxury establishment of any kind--nor does it want to be.

At the time of my stay, reservations could only be made over the phone. I found the rate acceptable ($58, tax inclusive.) When I arrived at the Inn, I was greeted by a friendly staff member and found the words "May All Who Enter as Guests Leave as Friends" etched above the front desk. I got the impression that the staff member and some of her friends were relaxing in the adjacent sitting room and that it I wouldn't have been seen as intrusive if I had sat down with them. Before I went upstairs to my room (no elevator, btw), the front desk clerk gave me dining recommendations for what few establishments were open at the time of night that I arrived.

The room gave off the appearance and smell (though non-overpowering) to suggest that a crew had just been on-site, giving the room one final cleaning. One worries about carpets at smaller places, but the carpet in my room at Mayville Hometown Inn was completely spotless, as were the walls, furnishings and ceilings. The bedding was comfortable and I slept well. Internet access was flawless. My stay on a Saturday night in this small college, "one horse town" was very quiet.

Stay here if ever you find yourself in Mayville--this place is a gem.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
8  Thank roadtripphene
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 March 2008

Everything about this hotel is really quite good. It's small, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The furniture was clean and comfortable. The bed was comfortable. The TV had a great selection of channels, and I felt safe.

Make no mistake, you won't be here on accident, but when you are, you can feel good that your room will be clean and a great value.

WARNING: Front desk is closed from 11 PM to 7 AM. Plan accordingly.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank Peter S

Been to Mayville HomeTown Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK