See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We booked on line to what looked like a passable place to stay. It took a very short period of time to realize a mistake was made. First, their computer system was down so they had no record of the reservation. The young man at the reception desk was helpful and provided us with a room key. He mentioned that some rooms are having trouble with air conditioning so to come back if our room's was not working. To find the room, I had to venture down an unlit hallway which looked like no one else was staying in that wing. First room- no AC. Second room- no TV, no AC. Third room- no AC. At this point it was clear, we were not going to stay there.
In my opinion, the management is being negligent. AC out for weeks? Unlit hallways? Nice staff, but I am embarrassed for them trying to promote this place.

Room tip: While the price is right, the hotel is not!!!
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CalgaryDukefan
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

When we reserved for a wedding because our nephew reserved a block of rooms for his wedding guests. We asked the price when we called and were told on the phone they didn't know the price only the manager can give price for rooms with weddings.
We booked anyway.
Showed up and they still couldn't tell us the room rate manager still not there.
My husband saw a sign " we do not tolerate criminals " he asked if they had a problem with crime. The kid in the lobby said yes the person behind the desk said not as bad as used to be. Just get people sleeping in bushes.
We were told pool out of order but you could see water going down the slide and two kids in the water.
When I walked into the hall where the rooms were, the hall had maybe 10 rooms each direction and not a light anywhere. I did call to see if they knew there were no lights and was told they knew and someone was working on it. I had to get about a half foot from the plate with room number to read the number. I unlocked my door and tried to find a switch so I could see. The room was dingy not just old but not clean. The bathroom had not one washcloth or towel. Ever go in a hotel and your skin gets all itchy. Well that is this place. We were in room 140 and phone said room 148. Paid extra for pool side but opened the door and we saw the stairs. It smelled old and musty.
The brides family had a person checked in and when they went to the room it wasn't clean beds not made.
The groom was supposed to stay that night and he left and went across the street to another hotel.
The groom was told when he reserved that it would be remodeled by the wedding but it wasn't.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Josakis
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Stayed 1 night here and should have looked at other places. It was probably a real nice place to stay, 30 years ago. Dirty, lights didn't work in the hallway, trash was overflowing some of the trash cans, the air was out in part of the motel when I was there. Luckily, my room did have air. It just is a older motel that hasn't been undated or taken very good care of. I would definitely look somewhere else.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2017

I met the general manager of this hotel about three months ago and she is very enterprising, creative, welcoming and i found her very productive for this business. Her trustworthiness, frank talk, kind-heart, and availability makes us like to continue to have business with the Grand Forks Inn & Suites. We will be there for a very long time just because of managerial competence.

Room tip: Rooms are generally clean, large and have comforting beds. Free WiFi in the rooms is an added advantage.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

So we made plans to travel to Grand Forks for my brothers UND graduation, we were kind of scared of this place due to the reviews but we thought the kids would enjoy the pool area so we risked it. That was a huge mistake, when we arrived two of the rooms were missing their TV's. They brought us TV's to fix that issue. The pool area we were hoping to use was partially under construction and the water was freezing so the kids couldn't enjoy it. The straw that broke the camels back was when we found a dirty towel hanging in the shower from the previous guests and no clean towels in the room. I called the front desk from my cell phone because the room phone does not work, they said they would bring us clean towels. A hour goes by with no towels so I call again and they tell me they can't get me towels because they don't have a key to the linen room. So I guess none of our family can shower. Do not waste your time or money by booking these rooms just for the pool area, you will regret it.

Date of stay: May 2017