Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks
Sleep Inn & Suites(Grand Forks)
US$ 84
US$ 95
Priceline
US$ 85
US$ 81
All reviewsbunk bedswater park is greattavern unitedhotel guestsbreakfast buffetalerus centerfootball gamelarge bathroomwater slidesmini fridgenorth dakotacoffee makersausagearcadesplasherscanadinnsgarbanzo
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Hi there,
I just wanted to let you guys know how our stay was at Canad Inns in Grand Forks.
When we first walked in it was just a little wait before we check in, it was a small lineup.
We checked in around 330. John number 2 check us in. He was very helpful very knowledgable and very patient. Because we had six gift cards that he needed to focus on. It's seem to be a hassle for the employee to do all the work for just gift cards. I would say that It would have taken about 10 minutes just for him to log them into the machine and then log them into the computer. I think Canad Inns needs to really fix that problem so it wouldn't take so long. Just because it's a lot of work for the employee and for the customers to wait. I felt bad for him!
We had stayed in the Japanese themed room for our 14th year anniversary. The room was great it's seem to be clean and the theme was spot on. But wasn't sure what the writing meant on the walls. Lol. Hoping it had to say something about love!
We would definitely stay here again. We love that they had a discount on the rooms and on the free breakfast buffet. Because it was their 10 year anniversary.
They also offer free Wi-Fi which was great so we can FaceTime our kids. The sheets smell like bleach so they smelled really clean to me.
Overall we had a fantastic time!
Thank you Canad Inns for the great time!

Just a sidenote.
In front of the hotel I noticed that the Canadian flag had a rip on it I would really appreciate if they fix it just because my husband is a retired veteran from the Canadian forces. Thank you!

Oh yes I forgot to mention two things that there was a problem with the room.
One I wish that the TV had a swivel on it so we can watch TV when were in the hot tub.
Two wish there was a small face the mirror inside the washroom so I can do my make up.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Japanese theme room, Had the roof view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

This place is very superficial - everything looks good at first glance, but there is no follow through. They have several restaurants in the building, but all serve the same bland, made from frozen food with some of the restaurants even sharing a kitchen ('l Bistro and Garbonzo's). If you stay here, get your food elsewhere, or if you are desperate just pick the place with the cheapest prices, because all the food is the same. Service is lacking and if you look too closely you will notice many trim pieces missing and the "beautiful" appearance is just a cheap masking for a quite ordinary 2 star hotel. Money is best spent elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We needed a different hotel. And this one was beautiful. Clean friendly helpful. Lots of restaurants. Although the breakfast buffet was lacking in taste. My husband had waffles and even after soaking in syrup he couldn't cut it. If he tapped his fork on the side it sounded scratchy. But it was free. Although my brother in law and sister in law said they stopped going there for breakfast because it changed for the worse, they live in Grand Forks.

The water park was so fun even for a 57 year old.

Thanks for saving us from an awful hotel last minute.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the Dakota Jacuzzi theme room. It was wonderful! The Jacuzzi was huge. The room featured a big tv, fireplace, and a chuck wagon bed. The staff were somewhat inexperienced and it left a little to be desired...but for the price it was a small glitch. We received two free drink coupons for the tavern and breakfast coupons as well (breakfast starts at 7 so we were unable to use these). They had large truck parking at the back. We will stay here again!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2017

We stopped in to cool off at the water park and the entire family had a good time. We stayed for four hours and there was fun for all ages. The basketball pool was a bit chilly that day, but everything else was warm and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family