All reviews bunk beds large pizza tavern united great water park hotel guests breakfast buffet kids love alerus center mini fridge water slides large bathroom rooms are great waterpark arcade playmakers splashers canadinns
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We had a pretty decent stay. We went with another couple.

We had booked a kids theme suite. Rainforest. The bathroom was large, long counter and a tub/shower combo.

Room had a small closed off kids room with 2 small bunk beds, a tv and a ps4. You need to sign out games and controllers at front desk.

Also had a desk, queen size bed and fridge and microwave.

Air conditioner is loud but worked well. You need to have a fan going between main room and kid room if you have the kid's door closed for ventilation which is also loud.

Our window faced the pool, I prefer outside Windows that open.

Ice machines are only on every second floor.

Food - normally breakfast isn't included but for July they had a promotion at Altos. Free breakfast buffet. You did need a voucher to go.
Both days were the same but decent.

Pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, two kinds if cereal, oatmeal, coffee, orange juice and apple juice.

We wanted to go to L'bistro so headed down and even though they were open for another hour the kitchen was closed and all you could get was alcohol so we headed over to Tavern United. Horrible, horrible service.

We waited 10 minutes for a tabke in a very not busy restaurant by the please wait to be seated sign while 3 waitresses walked past us numerous times. We sat ourselves and waited another 20 minutes before we were able to flag down a waitress. We almost got up and left.

Food was delicious, we had poutine, wings and soup between all of us.

The pool was great and the reason we chose the Canadinn. One thing though, is they don't let you know if you don't want to use the water water, you can use the pool and kiddie pool free if you are a paying hotel guest.

We met MANY guests who were unaware if this and paid for wristbands to take their infants I'm the pool.

Wi-Fi was down so that was a bit inconvenient.

Staff is friendly and quick to help.

We would stay here again and recommend it to friends. This was my 5th time here and we always enjoy it.

Another perk is that it's a 30 second drive to the Japanese gardens with the most incredible park for children including inclusive swings.

We stopped by before driving home and letting the kids play and burn off energy.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2017

This hotel is quite the deal. It is connected to an indoor football stadium so there is that theme running through some of the decor and in one of the bars. The water park looks to be a very busy place, and includes a lazy river area for tubing. There are a couple of bars and a couple of restaurants in this facility. I had meals in two of the restaurants. One of the restaurants is a buffet, which is where I ate breakfast. There was the usual scrambled eggs, sausage, breakfast potatoes, oatmeal, pastries, toast/bagels, several juices and coffee available. It was pretty standard fare, nothing spectacular. I did not have any other meals at this buffet.
The other restaurant was a Mediterranean/Italian type restaurant. Supper there was very good and the portions were large.
The rooms were nice size. The bed really did not impress me. It was saggy and soft. I've never had that issue with a bed in a hotel of this caliber before. The wifi was complementary and worked well. The alarm clock was a joke as it wasn't set correctly (2 hours off) and I couldn't get it to work so I just unplugged it and used my phone. One annoyance was that there were no available electrical outlets on or near the nightstand to plug in electronics. Usually if the lamp is a table lamp, (and this one was) it has a plug in available in the base. This one didn't. However, the lamp on the desk did. The room's heat/AC unit under the window seemed very loud, as every time it came on you had to adjust the TV. I've not had that issue before. I would stay here again, but I would know to pack an extension cord and would ask to have a room where the bed had been replaced recently.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 11 July 2017

we stayed for 2 days and ate at Aaltos twice for breakfast and twice was 2 times to many, it was not very good, the room was ok, showed its age, curtains and lamp shades could use a wash, but the water park was not great, it could of been a lot of fun, but on the kiddie side there is no one there to enforce the rules, no lifeguard that we saw at all. sure they have a sign that states no going down head first, no trains, etc etc, but the bigger kids just kept on doing it, the little was were scared to down after a while because the kids were not waiting enough time to go down after them and almost landing on them at the bottom. again NO supervision, I though 7 clans was bad with the lifeguards just sitting there, but at least they were visible, and did tell kids to stop running, shoving etc..

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank billcat1
Reviewed 27 June 2017

We booked the Canad Inn for a stopover trip on our way to Minnesota. The check-in was a little too long I thought. They had one guy working the desk on a Friday nite which seems a bit odd to me. Overall the room was clean and spacious. Beds were a little hard but still got a good nights sleep. Kids enjoyed the water park however I was LESS than impressed with the staff at the Splasher of the Seas Waterpark. But overall the Hotel was very pleasing. Would stay again!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2017

We stayed in a kids themed room. We had our own bed & kids had a bunk bed. In fact the Kids area had 2 bunk beds, tv and gaming system. Free game rentals. The room was very clean. Bathroom was large and clean! Hotel was updated & all clean as well. Multiple restaurants in hotel to choose from. Attached water park. KNOW if you get a themed room, the only window over looks into the waterpark and is pretty loud but is open from 9am to 9pm. Thankfully we went to bed after they closed down. We would stay here again for sure but I do think the price could be a bit lower even with the themed room we have stayed in some Very nice Upscale hotels for this price or lower.

Stayed: May 2017