All reviews bletchley park for sunday lunch main building lovely room cooked breakfast knife cleaver starters annex accommodation village shame chalet bedford venue conquest
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Spent the evening with my husband, to escape the hustle and bustle. We were greeted by a big smile and a very friendly welcome. Accommodation was perfect. Very comfortable and clean. Food in the restaurant was amazing and delicious. Spent the evening in the bar - it was very friendly and the staff were great.
Breakfast was very tasty and set us up for the day. Definately Recommend to everyone

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stephen B, Manager at The Knife & Cleaver, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review, we are glad that you enjoyed you recent stay with us. I passed your comments along to the team who were glad to read such nice comments, we look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Arrived at hotel Monday afternoon. Greeted by staff at bar, very helpful. All 9 rooms are outside the main building. Very easy to find. Room a little smaller then expected. But a lovely room. My only problem was the room not cleaned the whole stay. Bed made up every day but no attempt to clean the shower or the bathroom at all! Towels not changed until the Thursday. But we were leaving on the Friday. Tea making facilities filled up everyday. But as I said. I had an issue with the total lack of cleaning carpet not hoovered at all the whole stay. I think this lets the hotel down. The staff are great as is the food. That cannot be faulted. Shame really. Think they need look at employing more cleaning staff.

Room tip: All rooms on ground floor. Easily accessible. We stay in room1. It noisy as next to car park
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stephen B, Manager at The Knife & Cleaver, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. Allow me to apologise firstly, As a standard our housekeepers do change the towels on a daily basis for guests staying more than one night, so I am unsure as to why this was the case for you. I passed these comments to our housekeeping team as a means of training to ensure there is no repeat. However we are glad that you enjoyed the food and service from the staff.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Turned up on the off chance about 1.30 - the place was packed !
Not a problem and they managed to squeeze us in. Roast lamb for me and Herb crusted cod for the good lady both beautifully cooked. To finish chocolate and ale cake with treacle ice cream and the best Bromley apple crumble I ever tasted , a real winter warmer which was welcome on such a cold day.
Thoroughly recommend a visit to anyone

1  Thank 401eddies
Stephen B, Manager at The Knife & Cleaver, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Thank you for your kind review, We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your meals with us, we look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

The annex accommodation was really comfortable and quiet. The pub is really nice - trendy decor and good food. The breakfast was excellent. Not sure why others say it's overpriced. It isn't. My vegetarian supper was about £10 and the service great.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you very much for you kind review, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

On our way from Bedford to Milton Keynes my wife and I stopped off at the Knife & Cleaver for a late spot of lunch earlier this week. It was the first time we'd been to this pub but we thought we'd try it as it was on our route and a friend had recommended it. It's also dog-friendly which was important because we had our little white dog, Brian with us.

The place was a bit quiet when we arrived at about 2.30pm on Tuesday afternoon but we were not disappointed. The pub itself was nicely decorated and quite comfy with a good range of beers and other drinks.

The menu was good too with a nice selection and something for everyone.

Our food arrived in a timely manner and was very tasty. The service was good and friendly and were pleased with the bill too, which was not overly expensive.

We don't find ourselves in Houghton Conquest very often but if we are nearby at some stage in the future we will definitely eat here again.

1  Thank TonyorMK

Thank you for your feedback, We are glad you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you and Brian back very soon.