“Excellent Food and Great Ambiance”
Review of Taste of Italy at the Avalon - CLOSED

Taste of Italy at the Avalon
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This is my new favorite restaurant in Fargo. The food is excellent as is the service. I really like the historic atmosphere! On the negative side if the restaurant is full it can be a little noisy.

1  Thank Dave12345_10

Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I were in Fargo for a conference, and searched out A Taste of Italy on one of our free nights because we had seen a review on Trip Advisor. We were pleasantly surprised. The setting is beautiful - exquisite ceilings, gleaming wood floors, big windows, a dome, an open, airy, yet private feeling... The historic renovation is perfect. The food was a definite treat - the soup was incredible. My husband had a Tuscan sausage and I had a bisque with asparagus and blue cheese that was amazing. My husband enjoyed his antipasto, and I had a delicious manicotti / cannelloni filled with tender chicken and rosemary cream topped with a Gorgonzola cheese sauce. I loved it. I should also say that I own a restaurant and have very high expectations. I'm hard to impress. A Taste of Italy definitely made a great impression on me.

1  Thank SherrieH
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Some of my most amazing meals have come from this restaraunt. Love the large open area, not crammed into the person next to me. Fresh bread and flavorful soups. So much more on the menu than fetticuni alfredo and lasagna! We had an Italian seasoned steak and a chicken/veggie/pasta dish that was huge and we had to take some home. The service was friendly and attentive, never an empty water glass or unmet need. I just wish it wasn't so expensive, but it makes for a GREAT date night!

2  Thank Lissa B
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My husband and I had dinner at Taste of Italy last night and loved everything about the evening. The service was exceptional and the ambiance is really incredible. The restaurant is in a restored historic building with high ceilings and antiques. Greenery is everywhere and twinkling lights add a nice touch. Now to the best part, the food! I ordered the Fettucini Alfredo with sausage and my husband ordered the Lasagna. The noodles and sausage in the Fettucini dish were both home-made and my husband raved about the lasagna. We both said we had found a hidden gem and promised that we would return soon. I would highly recommend the Taste of Italy in downtown Fargo. Although it is alittle tough to get to, being on a one-way street and being downtown, it is well worth finding.

2  Thank Dawn H
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Had a wonderful dinner here and loved the service. New owners really care that your experience is fantastic.