All reviews front desk fish very nice hotel great place to stay hash browns comfortable beds oatmeal breakfast lady fitness room great amenities each morning excellent breakfast staff was friendly nice business center common areas internet connection large freezer
Reviewed 22 March 2018

We really enjoyed our stay here. The breakfast was dynamite every morning before fishing and the fish cleaning facilities made for a great place to clean and keep our fish . The hot tub was very relaxing at the end of the day

Room Tip: Room was pretty warm even with the thermostat set at 65 and the window open it stayed at 75.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rick S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Devils Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear Guest,

If we could script a response to our survey, yours would be in the top 10. I love it when guests are happy and satisfied with the services that we try to provide. It's hard to change up the style of breakfast that we offer, as there are limits to what we are able to do. To receive the compliment you gave on our breakfast is very reassuring. Thank you!

Please plan to come see us again! It was a pleasure to provide the facility that met your needs.

Happy Easter!

Sleep inn & Suites Hotel

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Enjoyed 3 nights.The room was updated, well maintained. Breakfast was good. We enjoyed the hot tub and fitness center. They had a nice indoor pool as well. The laundry facility was only a $1.00 a load. They had complimentary drinks during the week. (Nice touch!) All the staff was friendly!

Room Tip: Keep it up! You all are doing great!
Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Amy,

Thanks so much for taking the time to do a shout out to folks that don't know us. It means so much to travelers to get good balanced feed back from our guests after a stay.

It may not seem like it to some of our guests but my little team works really , really hard to be the best we can be for everyone, every single day.

I think the reason we've done so well here is because we have great guests. I could spend all day visiting with our folks, they have so many stories to tell and I for one enjoy it!

Thanks so much for the great review. Come see us again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 15 March 2018

The rooms were very clean, very comfortable beds , staff were very helpful about places to eat ,big selection for breakfast eggs sausage hash browns waffles biscuits and gravy juice and coffee .Close to everything in town and nice warm place to clean fish.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rick S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Devils Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thomas,

Thanks so much for the great review. We sure enjoyed having you with us. Sorry to say I came down with the crud and had to take a couple days off. I still have no voice 5 days later.

I hope that you already put your perch fishing dates in for the coming year! The weather is starting to look like it might start thinking summer. I know that my winter was too busy to fish so I'm long fully looking at sitting in the boat with a beer.

I hope you try soft water fishing here in DL! We'd love to see you again real soon!

Best regards and safe travels,

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Everything was great except for the breakfast. Sort of messy and lack of healthy options. Juice machine was broke and no alternative offered. Even just a pitcher of juice would have been nice. The room was clean and comfortable. Nice fish cleaning shed for the fishermen.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rick S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Devils Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your review and the time you tool took to share what seems to me to be a fair assessment of the breakfast you didn't like to well when you stayed in our hotel.

The excuse is that we have two new people working breakfast and there is a lack of communication and understanding that we want this offering to be as attractive and appetizing as something you would have at home.

I appreciate the kind things that you had to say about the hotel and have taken to heart the breakfast comments and will immediately take steps to get things back to a level that our guest will appreciate and enjoy

Thank you!

Sleep inn & Suites Hotel

Reviewed 26 February 2018

stayed here one night on our way to a 2 day fishing trip. Rooms were nice, staff was friendly but breakfast was horrible. The meat provided you could tell was from the prior day's leftovers and reheated as it was hard, rubber like and dry. We were down at 6am for breakfast as well so it wasn't like it dried out over a long period of being in the serving dish. Very dis-appointed in that.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Rick S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Devils Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for letting me know that there were problems with breakfast. I know this will seem too little and too late but I am very sensitive our food offering because I spent 30 years of my life selling food for a living. When I took over this hotel as GM, the first thing I did was buy the best breakfast products that we could support with our limited kitchen. The meat product you saw wasn't left over, it was over cooked, due to carelessness and rather than replaced it was put out for my guests to suffer through.

I wish that you would have come to the desk to voice your displeasure. I would have lit people up without hesitation. Without you and our other guests there would be no hotel and no jobs that we enjoy. I am so sorry!

If there is ever anything you don't feel is right at a hotel, please come to the front desk especially for breakfast related issues because in the AM the desk person is responsible for the first items served that morning.

I am taking your review very seriously. I'm posting it for my people to read 1st hand so they know what a bad impression was made by doing their job improperly.

I guarantee that this will be the last time for an error of this type . I have no tolerance for things that adversely effect my guests!

Please accept my sincere apology and I hope that you will try us again before crossing the Sleep Inn & Suites off your list! We value and appreciate your business!

Best Regards,