“Good, Clean Accomodations, Decent Price!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kelly Inn Bismarck

Kelly Inn Bismarck
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Medina, TX
“Good, Clean Accomodations, Decent Price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

We spent three days at this motel while visiting family, with two golden retrievers in tow. We found the Kelly Inn to be nearly perfect for our needs, the room was clean, and quite spacious. The property seems well maintained, and is in a nice area of Bismarck.

Our only complaint is the quality of the beds, owners take notice, please, it's time to replace the mattresses!

Travelling with our dogs, we tend to rely on local pizza joints that deliver. At this motel, there is a wonderful restaurant- Minnerva's. They provide kitchen to room service, and their Italian fare is simply great. Very fair prices, and they can provide wine upon request. Our only qualm is that the dirty dishes, galssware, tend to linger in the hallway for many hours after being deposited there for pickup.

We strongly suggest that guests try Minnerva's, it's great. Room service delivery is great!

We plan on staying here again, we just hope that the mattresses will be replaced with better bedding!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DondiC5
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
North Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

We attempted to stay in Kelly Inn but it was a disaster. The front parking lot was closed for repainting, so we had to park way around the back of the hotel and NO back doors were left open for entry. We then had to walk around outside to the front of the building in 90 degree heat to get to the front desk. Which was not good with a healing broken foot but the handicap parking was in front which was blocked off, At least they could have left open a back door for entry!!!!!
I had booked my room early but when I went to check in was told that the room I booked was not even an option. The man at the front desk actually read my request outload ( king with sofa sleeper) said he had made that reservation but they didnt even have that type of room . On the phone when I made my reservation he had said they had rooms with kings and sofa sleepers. With no appology of a mistake made, he then proceeded to tell me they could give me a king bed and a rollaway bed, but that he was not sure the room was clean and his maid had left for the day as it was 5 pm.
He proceeded to book me in this room. I told him that I would not accept a non clean room and he needed to find out if it was clean. So he made a couple phone calls, no one picked up so proceeded to book me in the room again. I said I will Not accept an runclean oom where I have to wait to get it cleaned when it is 5 pm and check in time was at 2:30. He said well the only other way to find out if it were clean was for him to run up there and check it out. I told him that was fine if he did that. People were waiting behind us in line. He finally came back, never said a word and booked me into the room, which I assumed by his silence was clean. When we were walking out the door he yelled after me asking me if I needed that roll away? Since 3 of us were standing there and we had discussed this before and I had previously wanted a fold out sofa I did not understand why he would ask me this in front of all the other clients.
We walked back around the building in 90 degree heat to the back parking lot and got our bags and trecked though the hotel to see doors open all over the place with unclean rooms, towels in the hallways, wash clothes in the parking lot. Maids having coffee on the furniture in the hallway. I have no idea what was going on. We got to our room only to find the room SMALL and really not enough space for a rollaway UNLESS they wanted us to be in violation of fire code and put it in the walkway behind the bed which is the only way to the door!!! We then proceeded to track back to the front desk where the front desk man INSISTED that the rollaway would fit into that room. Like I told him Yes it would fit if I crammed it in there but if we had a fire or needed to go to the bathroom there was NOOOO way to get across the room to the exit door nor the bathroom door. I again asked him what happened to my ORIGINAL room I had requested and he again informed me that he had taken that reservation and a room with a king and sofa sleeper did not exist in that hotel. I finally left and got a room at another hotel.There was no appology after all this. I WILL NOT stay in this Kelly Inn again. The one in Fargo is far superior!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ndgrrl
dkoble, Regional Director at Kelly Inn Bismarck, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Bismarck Kelly Inn. I apologize that the property did not take the proper steps to assist you with your luggage or to inform you ahead of time that the parking lot was being striped. Although we do not have standard room types with sofa sleepers, we do have a limited quantity of upgrades suites that have a king bed with a safa sleeper that can be reserved. I am unsure of which room type you had reserved and we always try to honor any requests if available. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff ,great customer service and clean rooms and I am sorry that we did not live up to those standards in your experience. Your comments will be shared with the staff so that we may continue to improve and provide our guests with the best quality service. We encourage all feedback and would like to discuss your incident further. If you would like to visit in more detail, please contact Lara Loritz (General Manager) at the hotel directly at 701-223-8001 or toll-free at 1-800-635-3559.

Travellers are raving about these Bismarck hotels

Whitesboro, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

Everything about this hotel was positive. All of the staff were very customer friendly and accomodating. The room was very nice, spacious and clean. They also have two great restaurants. I would definitely stay at this place again...they have worked hard to earn my business.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
dkoble, Regional Director at Kelly Inn Bismarck, responded to this review, 19 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our Kelly Inn Bismarck property! We appreciate your positve feedback and use these reviews to continuously improve upon our customer service.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

After arriving in Dickinson, ND, no rooms were available. We carried on to Bismarck and found the Kelly Inn. The gentleman who checked us in was kind and accommodating, despite the fact that several families were standing in front of him and it was after midnight.

The beds were wonderfully comfortable and the pillows (as my 15-year old son says) were really, really comfy.

We were extremely pleased that we found this hotel and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If travelling in Dickinson-Bismarck-Jamestown ND corridor ~ book in advance!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I'm so glad our Kelly Inn in Bismarck was able to accommodate you on your travels through North Dakota! We take pride in providing excellant customer service and comfortable and clean guestrooms. We have recently purchased new pillows and are in the process of upgrading our bedding packages and are pleased that you found the room comfortable. We look forward to seeing you next time you are traveling through our area!
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

At first glance we thought we'd made a mistake booking there, it appeared old and not too inviting, but the room was clean and comfortable. We decided to try the bar and resturant, what a pleasant suprise, the staff were super friendly and the food was excellent. Would stay there again, good value for the money.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple