All reviews kirkwood mall civic center an older hotel staff was friendly north dakota conference lounge waterslides banquet pet
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

The beds have virtually no covers on them, only a thin blanket and a sheet. The rooms are not isolated from noise in the hallway or a joining rooms where they’re always seem to be parties and yelling in the middle of the night. The beds are otherwise comfortable and the facilities are adequate But certainly nothing special and they definitely need heavier bedding.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Cecil D, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Thanks for taking the time to bring some things to our attention, we appreciate the feedback. Will speak to our Head of Housekeeping about the bedding.

Sorry about all the other issues you experienced when you stayed with us.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

The location was convenient, the kids enjoyed the water park, and the staff were friendly. However, the rooms were dirty (hair in the bathroom and the carpet was stained and crunched when you walked on it), the floor in the water park hadn't been cleaned from the night before (chip crumbs and dirt all over), and there was partially dried vomit in the stairwell. Overall really gross.
Also one review says that there is a complimentary breakfast, but there is not.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your valued feedback, I would like to apologize for all the inconvenience you had to experience. And I am truly sorry about that.

Will take all your comments up with our Housekeeping Department.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Handy as it is within walking distance of the mall. Check in was smooth & staff was friendly. The hotel is dated / damp / dark . The handicap accessible room shower needs repair as bottom corners are rusted out. Carpets need cleaning. Wifi is ipoor & intermittent. Air conditioner very noisy & rattled .Got here early enough thinking we would relax & enjoy the rest of our day after a long day of driving. Went outside & hung out in the mall instead, much more pleasant.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lindajomarie
Cecil D, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Thank you for your valued feedback, we really appreciate it. I am really sorry you did not enjoy staying with us, and I apologize for that. We are working endlessly to make this hotel a better place, we are in process of updating a lot of rooms, and hopefully you would consider us for a future visit, to see all the things we have updated.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

I stay here every so often for business meetings. My room this trip was less that satisfactory. I had 2 beds, and pulled the covers back on both upon entering the room. One of the beds, it was clear the sheets had not been removed and washed. There was child like drawings in marker or pen on them. Staff was willing to let me switch rooms or have the sheets changed. I opted to have the sheets changed, as I already had dragged my luggage up. Also, it is obvious, housekeeping does not vacuum well, especially under the beds as there was popcorn kernels and other crumbs under the bed. Carpet along the walls is dusty as well. Bathrooms are in sore need of updating. Grout has mold no matter which room I stay in. Flat screen t.v., microwave and fridge all in room is a plus. This is a large hotel, with 3 floors, and seemingly endless hallways. Easy to get lost. I have not utilized the pool area. Been in the lounge on a previous visit, but not this one.Staff has always been polite and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your valued feedback, I would like to apologize for the bad stay you experienced with us. I will take all the above mentioned issues up with our Head of Housekeeping.

Please ask for me by name with your next visit, would like to make sure everything is to your satisfactory like you use to experience with us.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

We stayed at the Ramkota for our Co-op's Annual Coal Creek Tour. we had about 40 people in our group and the hotel accommodated our needs very well.

First off, the manager, Becky, was very awesome to work with and made accommodations for group. Very organized and very friendly.

When we arrived at the hotel, Becky hopped on our bus to give us all the details on the hotel. They greeted us inside with cold pop and water. When I got to my room, there was a goodie basket waiting for me. The room was clean, cool and fresh. The AC worked very well, which I was happy for because it was very warm outside.

The pool was very fun (and very clean!) Just to be fore warned though, there were lots of children at the pool during our stay. The pool offers a communal place for our tour goers to congregate.

We had a breakfast catered for the tour one morning and the food was nothing special, but it gave us the energy we needed to start the day. The service was great!

Lastly, the convenience of this hotel is the best part. It is located right across from the mall. There's also lots of places to eat nearby.

It's a bit outdated, but all the other pros completely outweigh that.

Great Hotel, Great location, Great Price!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Cecil D, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Hi Ally,

Thank you very much for the great review! We really do appreciate it.

Becky is a great person, and also a great worker for Ramkota!

Cecil Daniels