All reviews kirkwood mall an older hotel staff was friendly north dakota conference lounge waterslides banquet pet
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

This hotel has certainly seen better days! At one time it was one of the best hotels in town with a great and large pool area. The pool area no longer makes it worth it. This place is in serious need of maintenance and cleaning! Upon walking into our room, the large closet door was hanging by one hook. We tried to notify the front desk, but our phone didn't work, so we flagged a maid down to remove it. The floors had not been vacuumed, as there was popcorn and other debris all over the floor. There was fine dust covering most surfaces in the room and the bathtub wouldn't drain. The pool area has cracks all over, filthy floors, and mildew spots galore. To top it off, when we pulled our bedding back it was dirty and used! One bed had brown spots all over the pillow and hair, the other has what appeared to be bloody snot! When I called the front desk they didn't seem surprised at all when I said our sheets weren't changed. They had to find us new sheets, and only discounted our room minimally. As we were leaving, I noticed none of the maid carts appeared to have dirty linen carts by them, which may explain the dirty bedding, possibly standard practice here. There are many other clean hotel options in Bismarck, the large pool area will not save this place. Do not stay here!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Cecil D, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback Tiffany. I would like to apologize for the terrible experience you had with us. I would take this up with our Maintenance and Housekeeping team.

I am really sorry, please ask for me by name and I will make sure you have a great stay with us at the Ramkota.

Kind Regards
Cecil Daniels, Night Manager

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

My family and I booked poolside rooms to celebrate an early Christmas together the hotel served as a good venue for this
Pros:
Splash pad/water park for children. My 20 month old was scared of the water fall feature as it was loud but my nieces and nephew loved it (also a con as described later)
Great poolside gathering area. Plenty of room and tables and chairs for guests, we never struggled to find a table to eat/congregate at.
The lounge had very friendly workers and friendly black jack dealers. My brothers and I spent 5 hours here on a Friday night and we never went an extended time without having or being offered a drink.
Cons:
Bedding did have some spots on it, but this didn’t bother us as we did not need to sleep in that bed so we didn’t say anything to the staff about this
In room fridge didn’t work well, cold drinks were warm in the morning, luckily we had coolers we could pack with ice
The water temperature of the pool was bone chilling, my son only lasted 15-20 minutes before he was shivering and had blue lips, the next day was a little better but still much colder than other pools I have used
Overall I would return to this property if I needed a place to sleep or an adults only trip but would not choose this hotel if I planned on using the pool extensively as it was just to cold to enjoy

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you very much for your valued feedback, we appreciate it. I am glad you had friendly service from the Lounge and Black Jack Dealers.

I will discuss the pool temperatures with our Chief Engineer, and I apologize for the water being to cold.

Kind Regards
Cecil Daniels

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

There were two big spots on the floor. Made you not want to walk on the floor. The carpet was coming apart where it was seamed. It was bunched up here and there
A party started at 1 a.m. next door. After 5 phone calls to the front desk and two hours we demanded and were given a new room which was quiet and in much better condition. Won't stay here again unless we have to. There are far better places in Bismarck that are less expensive.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Cecil D, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

It is always very sad to receive bad reviews, and for that I apologize for all the inconvenience you had to experience during a stay with us! I would like to take this opportunity to ask if you would come back to us and give us a chance to prove to you that we are the best in the business! Please ask for me by name with your next visit to Bismarck.
Best Regards,
Cecil Daniels, Night Manager

Reviewed 11 November 2017

We stayed overnight for a friend's wedding in a king room suite. We brought one of our dogs with- the hotel accepts pets for free, and even gives you a nice package with a bowl, bag, and treats on arrival.
The room itself was very nice, but the layout of the hotel was a little confusing so we had a little trouble navigating around the building. Their pool area is awesome and they even have a small arcade. The little bit of interaction with the staff that we had was good, and they seemed pretty helpful.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
samschwab, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Thank you for sharing this valuable feedback with us. We are pleased to see that you and your pet enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our pet welcome package! We hope you can come back and stay with us again soon.

Best Regards,
Dave Achtenberg, General Manager

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We were here for a wedding and found our room to be of the typical 3-star variety: clean and reasonably comfortable, but showing a few signs of wear and tear. This is a pretty large hotel built in several wings that meander a bit. If you have difficulty walking you should be sure to request a room near the lobby.

The biggest attraction of the property is a large indoor pool with various features like water slides. The kids in our party loved it. If your plans call for some downtime it's not a bad way to spend a few hours, especially if the weather isn't good and you have kids to entertain.

Service is very friendly, but not necessarily attentive. Despite making requests to the front desk for maid service to accommodate our schedule, our room was never cleaned on two days of our four day stay.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
samschwab, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you! We appreciate you taking time to write a review of your stay with us. It's great to know that you found our hotel clean and comfortable and enjoyed the water play-land. It is definitely a hit with kids! I will share your comments with our rooms management team so we can make sure improvements are made to our stay-over service.

Thanks Again,