“It's ok.”
Review of Ramkota Hotel

Ramkota Hotel
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Came here for business. The beds are hard and the room was a bit rough. Water stains on the roof, light falling out in the bathroom, etc. If you need a place to sleep this will work just for that. The staff are short and act annoyed when you ask them questions. I had asked one staff member of there was anything to do around Bismarck and she said "no it's winter".

The positives would be that there is a pool, restaurant, and bar in this hotel. They also have a cardio room with treadmills and elliptical.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
samschwab, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your review as it helps us to know where we are doing well and how we can improve to increase guest satisfaction. Your comments with be shared with our management team so that we use them as a tool for training and improvement.

Dave Achtenberg, General Manager

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Our family booked 3 rooms together to celebrate our grand daughter's 4th birthday. My daughter called more than a month in advance to ensure we could get poolside rooms. Cost was not an issue for this event. The hotel clerk replied they could make no promises and that poolside rooms would be given out first come first serve. All we could count on was that 3 separate rooms would be reserved for us.

On Saturday October 14, the day of the party my daughter called to once again secure poolside rooms. This time they booked the rooms. My daughter was told at 1:00 PM two of the three rooms were ready and that the third room would be ready shortly. I arrived at 2:45 PM at the front desk. My son and daughter's families had both checked into the two previously available rooms. I was told the third room was not yet cleaned. I apologized to the clerk for being 15 minutes early. Check in time was 3:00 PM. I asked if I could pay for the room, get the keys and then enter the room after 3:00 PM. The clerk said that he could not check me in until the room was cleaned and "punched in" by housekeeping. The clerk took my credit card information, but said I would have to come back and sign the registration form and pick up the keys once the room was cleared. I asked about the 3:00 PM check in policy. The clerk said he was prepared to check me into another room, just not the room I requested. The clerk promised the room would be ready soon and handed me several access bands for the pool. He said that when the room came available he would notify one of the other rooms in our party so we could check in.

No call was ever made. After 5 PM my son-in-law (ready for us to vacate his room I presume) inquired about the status of our room at the front desk. He was told our room was ready. The clerk allowed him to sign for the room and gave him our keys. Although we were allowed access and did use the pool during the 2 hour homeless period we found the circumstances annoying. That said...

If you are a 4 year old the Ramkota water park is the greatest place in the world, or at least North Dakota. The facility is the perfect place for non-swimmers armed with floaties to splash in water that doesn't ever reach over five feet high. This is perfect for guardians to be near in case something go amiss with the flotation devices. There are numerous slides varying in height, length and speed to accommodate all age groups. On a weekend we have always found the pool area to be packed with kids, adding to amusement park feeling.

The room balconies that open to the pool on the ground floor are a perfect place for parents to watch the activities and drink beer. There are tables and patio grounds surrounding the pool perfect for large gatherings and birthday parties. The Ramkota is generous with the amount of pool bands they handout to each room. Pizza is allowed to be brought in poolside. Poolside staff do an excellent job of ensuring safety without squelching fun.

The $140 we spent for the poolside room was well worth the good time our family had. They have created an environment that is heaven for a toddler and more than tolerable for the adult that loves them. You would think that a team so good at fun, could figure out a way to get all booked rooms cleaned by 3:00 PM.

Room Tip: If possible book poolside
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
LisaOwenAGM, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Unfortunately, we are not able to guarantee specific rooms being ready prior to 3:00 P.M., and it is hotel policy not to give our guests keys to rooms that have not been cleaned yet. I apologize that you did not receive a phone call when your third room was ready, but I was glad to see that your family did get wristbands right away so that your family was able to enjoy the waterpark.

Thank you again for the review.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

I had a room on second floor overlooking pool. The carpet was filthy there, was an empty toilet tissue roll behind bath room door. The tissue box was hanging from wall, when it fell down, there was fine dust and dust balls all around it. You could write your name on the furniture. About two inches of carpet around the wall was piled with dust. . The wash bowl was plugged, the tub had a chip out of it and the drain plug was off to the side, I did not use it. The first bed I was going to get into was missing a sheet. I finely found a sheet at foot of bed in second bed. I called for service a man came and picked up toilet roll. mopped with a dirty rag mop, and vacuumed a little in middle of room.
On bright side front desk personnel were very friendly, and took notes on the room. Needless to say I checked out in morning , and did not stay second night as my reservation was for.
I stayed one night week before, had room on main floor, it was ok.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

First and foremost, I want to apologize for the housekeeping issues that you encountered during your recent stay with us. This certainly is not the experience that we want any of our guests to have. I would appreciate it if you would contact me to discuss, so that I can personally address these issues. My phone number is 701-355-2020.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

I spent two nights are the Ramkota Hotel and was favorably impressed. My stay was in conjunction with a conference being held at the venue. The meal service at the conference was very good, the service was excellent and the facility really made the event go smoothly. I would recommend this venue for anyone looking for rooms or a conference facility.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

We are so pleased that the conference that you attended at our property was such a success! Our staff works very hard to make sure that each and every event is flawless. We really do appreciate your recommendation. It is truly the highest form of flattery.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I stayed for 5 days at Ramkota, and also attended a wedding reception. The staff was very friendly, helpful and when having problems with getting WiFi reception in my room on the first night Brad took my lap top from room to room to find me good reception. I find this sort of courtesy out of the ordinary and excellent. I would like to return again and stay. Very large pool and the business center for guests was available. The food at the wedding reception was excellent and again the staff was excellent.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are a bit noisy with people in the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
LisaOwenAGM, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that you originally had problems with the WiFi reception in your room. I am so glad that Brad was able to resolve the issue for you. We strive for provide top-notch service to each and every one of our guests, and Brad certainly embodies that philosophy.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.