“Ramkota, Wedding and Hotel Stay”
Review of Ramkota Hotel

Ramkota Hotel
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I stayed for 5 days at Ramkota, and also attended a wedding reception. The staff was very friendly, helpful and when having problems with getting WiFi reception in my room on the first night Brad took my lap top from room to room to find me good reception. I find this sort of courtesy out of the ordinary and excellent. I would like to return again and stay. Very large pool and the business center for guests was available. The food at the wedding reception was excellent and again the staff was excellent.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are a bit noisy with people in the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
LisaOwenAGM, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that you originally had problems with the WiFi reception in your room. I am so glad that Brad was able to resolve the issue for you. We strive for provide top-notch service to each and every one of our guests, and Brad certainly embodies that philosophy.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

After circling the parking lot for 15 minutes looking for a parking spot, I called the front desk and inquired about 2 empty parking spots by the front door that were labeled "courtesy" parking only. I explained to the front desk attendant that I would be escorting my wife to the hospital the following morning and that she couldn't walk 100+ yards to the adjacent parking lot The attendant consulted with the onsite manager and I was told that the "courtesy" parking spots were reserved for the hotel managers. Manager convenience should never trump guest accomodations.

Room Tip: Exterior rooms are quieter due to the indoor pool activity.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
LisaOwenAGM, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Ryan,

I want to apologize again for this occurrence. This is definitely not the experience that we want any of our guests to have at our hotel. We have spoken with the employees that told you that you could not park in those spaces, and they now understand these spots are for guests that need to be parked near the entrance.

Again, I apologize that this happened to you and your wife.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We were there with our Special Olympics team. We had 10 rooms and they kept us all together. Very clean rooms, very nice people and we were treated great. Only downside was that the wi-fi did not always work correctly. Overall this is a fantastic place and our stay was awesome.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
LisaOwenAGM, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Richard-

We are so glad that your team had such a great experience at our hotel. We so enjoyed having the Olympians stay with us! Our staff is always happy to receive such wonderful reviews, and I will be sure and pass it on to them.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2017

The service and our room was fine however the hotel did not meet our expectations based on the amenities listed.

The hotel was built in 1974 and renovated in 2014, but even with the renovation, it seems like it's still stuck in the 70's. It's quite large and has the potential to be a beautiful place but felt a little dingy. My husband and I were looking forward to using the sauna together, but the saunas are separated into each of the changing rooms and were not clean. The pool area smelled like it was doused in chlorine, so we didn't bother, but the exercise room was good.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Andrea,

I apologize that our property did not meet your expectations. We are always renovating and updating our property, and are going to be doing additional updates in the near future. In addition, I will follow up with my maintenance staff regarding the chlorine to make sure that it is at the correct level.
We hope that if you return to the area in the future that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We stayed her for a convention in July 2017. We've been here before and knew it was old. I don't have a problem with scratched furniture and out of date, but it was dirty and there were items that needed fixing.
1) one of the bulbs over the sink was out when we got there and was never replaced
2) sink stopper didn't work and had to reach under the sink to drain the water after pushing it down
3) a piece was missing from the sink handle and it had filled with brown slime... very gross
4) lamp shade was torn
5) room was very poorly lit, but maybe that was to hide the other problems
6) noisy... there is a gap under the door, so you hear everything in the hall.
7) once the weekend hit, the wifi couldn't take the traffic from the higher guest count and all the kids and it went down. Friday night they were able to reboot at some point and it worked Saturday morning, but then was down again and never came back up again while we were there (until Sunday). I did call the front desk on this both days and their lack of caring and comment gave the impression that it is a normal occurrence. Was told no one working Saturday evening even knew where the routers were to reboot them.
8) was way too cold in the conference rooms. I know you don't want it too warm, but it was painfully cold. I had to get a sweatshirt.
9) the dead bolt was installed wrong and didn't work (deadbolt and hole for it did not line up... not even close)
10) the provided soap is scented and I brought my own because of allergies, but they threw it away the first day. And yet they never threw away the used bar they provided the next 4 days they cleaned the room.
11) there was a knee high nylon under the desk when we checked in and it was still there when we checked out 5 days later
12) It is very hot and dry there... bad drought this year... but they were watering the lawn at about 3pm one day?!
I'm sure there was more, but I tried no to look too close.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
LisaOwenAGM, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

I apologize for the issues that you had while staying with us recently. Our management team has discussed the concerns that you had brought up, and we are working to alleviate these issues. If you would like to discuss further, I encourage you to contact me directly at 701-355-2020.