All reviews kirkwood mall civic center an older hotel staff was friendly north dakota conference lounge waterslides banquet pet
Reviewed 23 August 2017

The service and our room was fine however the hotel did not meet our expectations based on the amenities listed.

The hotel was built in 1974 and renovated in 2014, but even with the renovation, it seems like it's still stuck in the 70's. It's quite large and has the potential to be a beautiful place but felt a little dingy. My husband and I were looking forward to using the sauna together, but the saunas are separated into each of the changing rooms and were not clean. The pool area smelled like it was doused in chlorine, so we didn't bother, but the exercise room was good.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
LisaOwenAGM, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Andrea,

I apologize that our property did not meet your expectations. We are always renovating and updating our property, and are going to be doing additional updates in the near future. In addition, I will follow up with my maintenance staff regarding the chlorine to make sure that it is at the correct level.
We hope that if you return to the area in the future that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We stayed her for a convention in July 2017. We've been here before and knew it was old. I don't have a problem with scratched furniture and out of date, but it was dirty and there were items that needed fixing.
1) one of the bulbs over the sink was out when we got there and was never replaced
2) sink stopper didn't work and had to reach under the sink to drain the water after pushing it down
3) a piece was missing from the sink handle and it had filled with brown slime... very gross
4) lamp shade was torn
5) room was very poorly lit, but maybe that was to hide the other problems
6) noisy... there is a gap under the door, so you hear everything in the hall.
7) once the weekend hit, the wifi couldn't take the traffic from the higher guest count and all the kids and it went down. Friday night they were able to reboot at some point and it worked Saturday morning, but then was down again and never came back up again while we were there (until Sunday). I did call the front desk on this both days and their lack of caring and comment gave the impression that it is a normal occurrence. Was told no one working Saturday evening even knew where the routers were to reboot them.
8) was way too cold in the conference rooms. I know you don't want it too warm, but it was painfully cold. I had to get a sweatshirt.
9) the dead bolt was installed wrong and didn't work (deadbolt and hole for it did not line up... not even close)
10) the provided soap is scented and I brought my own because of allergies, but they threw it away the first day. And yet they never threw away the used bar they provided the next 4 days they cleaned the room.
11) there was a knee high nylon under the desk when we checked in and it was still there when we checked out 5 days later
12) It is very hot and dry there... bad drought this year... but they were watering the lawn at about 3pm one day?!
I'm sure there was more, but I tried no to look too close.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
LisaOwenAGM, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

I apologize for the issues that you had while staying with us recently. Our management team has discussed the concerns that you had brought up, and we are working to alleviate these issues. If you would like to discuss further, I encourage you to contact me directly at 701-355-2020.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Yes, it is an older hotel, but our room decor was modern and the room was spacious and comfortable. Our room was well maintained. Had a fridge with a freezer which was handy. Free Wi-Fi was in the room and it was very fast.

The pool area was nice and clean. The main pool had one waterslide and ranged from 3 feet to 5 feet, although it seemed a bit overfilled so somewhat deeper. The slide was a decent hotel size and fun for our 10 year old. The pool itself is a bit small and got crowded the first night. The slide exit is near the shallow part so it was hard to just relax in the pool as you had to tread in the 5 feet deep. There was also a hot tub and a shallow pool for younger children which was fun.A bit of the flooring by the hot tub was coming up, and the floor could be a little slippery so had to use a bit of caution.

The location of the hotel was convenient. The mall was across the street and there were lot of restaurants right in the area. We always felt safe and the hotel doors did look and required a card key to get in during the evening and overnight.

At $99/night we found this hotel affordable, comfortable, and great for families.Staff were friendly and if we were in Bismarck we'd definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
LisaOwenAGM, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so pleased that you found your room to be so modern, comfortable, and well maintained. Our location is truly the best, so I am glad that you were able to enjoy the convenience of staying at our hotel. As always, we enjoy hearing how much fun the children had at the waterpark. I will be sure and have our maintenance staff look at the tile near the hot tub.

We look forward to seeing you if your return to the area.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I wouldn't recommend staying here based on cleanliness alone. I've never been in a hotel that was quite as dirty. The first night we stayed, we found an open condom wrapper on the floor by our bed. We moved to a poolside room for our next two nights. Things were not very clean in general around the room and pool area. There was a weird seepage on the floor near the bathroom covering about a 1 foot by 2 foot area. If anything fell on it, the wetness turned the towels or whatever orangish-brown. Also, the air conditioner rattled so loudly, and didn't cool the room. It was 78 degrees in the room and we couldn't get it to cool down anymore. That made for pretty miserable sleeping, in addition to the loud noises coming from the pool area. The pool is open pretty late, which means a lot of noise until about midnight.

On the plus side, the kids loved the pool area and had lots of fun playing there. The slides were a big hit. The restaurant was also very affordable for families, even though there isn't a free breakfast. Kids' meals were only $0.99! They were very cheap and filled the kiddos up.

We did talk to management about the issues that we encountered and they did give us a little discount.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
LisaOwenAGM, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

I apologize for the cleanliness and maintenance issues that you experienced while at our property. I was able to research and found out which room you stayed in, so I will be sure and speak with both my maintenance and housekeeping managers so that we can address the concerns that you mentioned regarding the rooms that you had stayed in.

If you would like to discuss further, I can be reached at 701-355-2020.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Booked on an air allegiant flight out of Bismarck. Flight was cancelled and rescheduled the next day. Won't fly that airline again for a variety of reasons.
They sent us to the ramkota. What a disappointment. Old, dingy, dirty, dated. We had to request a room switch because the first room assignment was not cleaned well---garbage in the room, bed rumpled, tub looked like it had blood. Front desk staff were all very friendly and helpful. It isn't their fault the cleaning staff are duds. And they aren't responsible for old decor and dated hotel. Ramkota needs to step up and renovate this place.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
LisaOwenAGM, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

I apologize for the issues that you encountered during your recent stay. We are implementing changes in our housekeeping department to help alleviate some of the concerns that you brought up. We also are continually reinvesting money back into our property, and will be completing more renovations in the near future.