“Just OK”

Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Jamestown, ND
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Older property, needs some work. Very noisy heater, trains going by all night with loud horns. Never got a good morning or smile from staff and I find that unusual in today's business world.

1 Thank travelsmart0917
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Thank you for your review. I will share your comments with our staff and use this as a training tool.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Stanley
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel on the evening of April 28, 2012. We ended up on the 5th floor which we thought would be quiet and peaceful. It was horrible as kids running in the hallways and doors slamming and people talking into the wee hours of the morning. We paid over $100 dollars for this room and probably only got about 3-4 hours sleep and that wasn't at one time. Parking ramp is tight and congested and can't park on the street where it is located and could not even dirve into the drop off in the front. This hotel is over priced and I feel they should have dealt with the issues of that night and told guests to be quiet or leave. I wish I would have left for a different hotel but difficult to do in the middle of the night. I will never stay at this hotel again. They acknowledged in the morning that they had gotten several complaints during the night. Rather then kick out the rowdy guests they affected all of us. As stated by another guests the heater/air conditioner is loud and shuts off and on constantly creating noise and could even hear the street noise on the 5th floor. So something is wrong here. I always thought Radisson was a higher level hotel but not this one. We were even advised not to eat at the in house restaurant so we out to the Blarney Stone Pub a couple blocks away.

Room Tip: Since the noise is throughout the hotel I don't think one level room would make and difference...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
On behalf of our team I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will definately use the feedback to make improvements to ensure that we offier a better experience for our guests in the future. I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a good experience. Once again Sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused you.

Travellers are raving about these Bismarck hotels

Rockville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

This is a low end Radisson - my earlier experiences with the chain is a high end hotel, and that is not the case in Bismarck. Instead, this is more of a level of a Holiday Inn or similar level hotel. But, that does not mean that the hotel is not good - in fact, it is, and I would return again in Bismarck. While the hotel feels "old," the room I had was quite good with a comfortable sitting area, good bed, and small but ok bathroom. The room was clean, high speed internet (FREE) worked well, and there is a nice sized tv and a good quality radio. Lighting is good. The only real complaint I could have about the room is that the local railroad is nearby and the engineers on the train like to blow whistles in the middle of the night, which is not conducive to sleep.

Other amenities were good. The restaurant is just ok -- service slow (the same very pleasant waiter seemed to be there for every meal) but pleasant, and the food more than adequate and very reasonably priced. Very poor wine selection, but the bar, which is nice, had a good selection of draft beers.

Lobby is large with nice seating area. The staff was consistently very pleasant. There are a number of good pubs and restaurants within a few blocks walk of the hotel

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thanks you for the review hope to see you again.
Jamestown, North Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

This is definitely an older property with some older property issues. I stayed here ealier this April. I was on the 4th floor. You could hear everything in this hotel. The heater/air conditioner was loud and would kick on and off constantly, you could hear doors slam shut all the way down the hall. I was next to the pop machine and heard every purchase. I could also hear the tv in the next room so clearly I could make out words being said. The train was so loud, only 2 blocks away, that when I was on the phone the person on the other end not only could hear the train but asked if my windows were open (they weren't). My sleep number bed would deflate on its own. Someone I knew down the hall said her bed would spontaneously re-inflate on its own. Needless to say, I hardly slept the first night. It was a little better the second night, but still not great.

The door slamming could be fixed or at least reduced by different types of door closures. Also there are big gaps between the room door and the frame that allow noise and light from the hall into the room.

Room service was good. This was the friendliest staff member I met and the food was pretty good. Staff members in general were ok to deal with. The front desk staff was pleasant upon check-in. However through the course of my stay, it seemed that unless you approached a staff member, you were pretty much ignored. There were not even hellos or good-morning type greetings unless you approached them.

It's in a nice downtown location for certain things, but bring your earplugs and eyemask if you want to sleep.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thanks for the review. Sorry about the noise.
Grand Forks, ND
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed here April 15-17, 2012. Upon check in we were warmly greeted by two very nice front desk staff. I couldn't help but notice that the uniforms they wore were a bit on the unusual side. Something about the striped shirt was not right. However, I realize it's not their choice. The first impression of my room was ewww. While the common areas of the hotel seemed clean, the cleanliness of my room left much to be desired. It needed a deep cleaning--badly. There was visible dust on the edges of the carpet. The top lid on the coffee pot (where you pour in the water) was full of dust, ick. The furnishings were extremely outdated. The bathroom vanity was an odd corner shaped thing although the bathroom had plenty of space for a normal vanity. The bathroom has the tiniest trash can with a lid that you had to step on the lever to open--annoying. Just give me a regular trash can. The shower had moldy gunk and the ceiling was peeling away. I detest the sleep number beds in the Radisson. For that reason alone I will rarely stay in one. I agree with previous posts that the hotel is a bit noisy, although once asleep I didn't notice. I smelled smoke (strongly) in the hallway one evening despite ever room having a no smoking sign by it. On the plus side the free internet service was nice and the food was good. All the staff encountered were super friendly which made me forget about the room when I wasn't in there. Not sure I would stay again unless I had to.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly updated room. The other people I traveled with seemed to have one that had been more...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
I apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused. We constantly are updateng and strive to improve our facility. I can only ask that you give us another try to provide you with an great experience. Thanks for the comments.