“FOOD WAS OKAY”

Jerry Allen's Sports Bar
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Food was okay for a bar, favorite part was the fried pickles. Service was kind of slow since it was not crowded, but the bartender was nice.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

I have lived on Wrightsville Beach for close to 10 years now and one of my favorite places to eat had been Jerry Allens for quite some time, up until a couple weeks ago. Before I could even pull my chair out, I was greeted by the bartender with a very rude, "what do you want?" The bar was not busy at all, as it was about 2:30 on a Monday afternoon so I was completely taken aback. I am the general manager of a local business and would never tolerate my employees speaking to our customers as such. I found my experience extremely disappointing, fortunately however, the cheese steak was good enough to earn two stars (still my favorite). Unfortunately, I will not be back. One of the girls behind the bar was quiet, not very friendly, however the other girl was extremely short and simply put, just plain mean. I noticed that the men sitting at the bar were very well taken care of throughout the duration of my short stay. Being a woman, I did not find this place comfortable or a place that I would ever consider walking into again. I was blatantly ignored after my initial order and scoffed at several times for asking for ranch/a refill. Your staff should be friendly to all customers, not just the men sitting at the bar.

1  Thank DoesntReallyMatter17
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Ok my biggest mistake this trip was asking a towel boy for food advice but seeing as I said family friendly and nearby I hoped for the best. Boy was that a HUGE mistake. Sports bar is a stretch for this place. It's a DIVE bar with nothing family friendly about it. Flies everywhere, inappropriate music at 430pm. Plastic cups for drinks that could be used at a kids party. Thank goodness we didn't get ill. Burgers were palatable but zero special about them. Never again.

1  Thank SeaLevelMama71
Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

Beer in plastic cups. The restrooms where horrible. I don't believe they know what bleach or disinfection means. We had one drink and had to leave.

1  Thank 1979Ann
Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

First time visiting jerry allens. Food is excellent. I highly recommend the popcorn shrimp. Fries are lack luster however we didnt go for the fries :) everything was delicious. Only negative comment is there was no room for a family of 5 to sit. I ended up sitting next to the skeeball machine and had 3 men breathing down my neck complaining about how they had to roll the ball with their left hand. Table placement was just a bit to close to the "arcade" area.