All reviews murphy bed full size fridge rocking chairs south beach grill small dishwasher perfect location short walk to the beach central air outdoor shower area salt water pool pet friendly room walking distance wear and tear bars and restaurants great place to stay view of the ocean first floor
Reviewed 2 December 2015 via mobile

We stayed for thanksgiving weekend. We've stayed before but this time was just an over the top experience. We requested room 401 for Flotilla and had an amazing view. While that was awesome and they tend to every need, are so kind and relaxed, that's not why they are so great. Unfortunately my daughter got sick our last night. We had to clean up sheets and and some of her blankets and her stuffed animals. Upon leaving the next day, I informed them of the accidental mess from my daughter and they said thank you for the heads up and in no way made jokes and I they felt were very sincere...I'd like to think that I would have been very appreciative for someone to warn me of something unpleasant I may walk in on and I truly believed they were. With all the hassle of that evening, I also had to clean up one of my daughters stuffed animals, the other one was lucky enough to not be showered with sickness. That being said, I couldn't find Bella the Ballerina the next morning and just assumed I had already packed her away since my daughter and I checked the room for her and didn't see her. When we got home, we couldn't find her so I contacted the hotel and the staff. Laura the hotel manager and Tristen, a front desk receptionist, promised me they would look for her and wouldn't give up as my daughter has four things she sleeps with at night...Bella being one of them. Low and behold, a day later they messaged me and said they found her!!! She was rolled up in some other sheets we had taken off the bed trying to make sure she had cleaned up what we could of my daughters upset tummy. I'm so thankful and so is my daughter. We have family in Wilmington that are picking her up for us and my daughter can't wait to get her back! Thanks Laura and Tristen and the entire Summer Sands staff! We had a great time and have enjoyed the 2 times we've stayed!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
laura s, Manager at Summer Sands Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2016

Dear Jackson S;
Wow such high praise should not go so long without a response. We were more than happy to help find Bella and get her home to your daughter. Sorry to hear she had a tummy ache, but we can handle that no problem. I let the staff know how kindly you reviewed them and they said they were just doing their jobs. Hope we see you again soon, Bella too!

Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

Staff went above and beyond for my handicap father. Got handicap, pet friendly room. Great location, nice views of channel side. Walking distance from beach entrance. Rooms could use a little updating and a good scrubbing.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
laura s, Manager at Summer Sands Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

We were happy to accommodate your special requests. You also caught us in our mid way point in remodeling all our rooms. All the rooms have new bedroom and dining room furniture. The room you stayed in had new flooring installed last weekend. They look fantastic and in the next few months we will have all the rooms completed. Please let us know if you can return and we will do all we need to make your stay comfortable.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

If you enjoy Wrightsville Beach (& Wilmington), great location, adequate amenities, great views, beach access directly across the street, clean rooms, restaurants w/in walking distance, convenience, nice and helpful staff as needed, reasonable prices, plus a pool on premises, then Summer Sands Suites should be the place for you. Having stayed there several times now, I cannot think of anything that we have not been pleased about. And we love Trolley Stop Hot Dogs right next door! Try it. You'll like it! Mitch Wolf

Room Tip: We prefer higher (4th floor) beach side but harbor side pretty darn cool too!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

Where to start. We had always stayed in Wilmington. But because most of our activities were in Wrightsville this time we changed to the Summer Sands. And wow are we glad we did. It was in walking distance of all Our activities with Wrightsville Beach Scenic tours and it's within 1000 feet of the ocean. Our room was spotless...the bathroom is pure white and was pristine....the room is well equipped and even though there was a comfortable Murphy bed our 12 year old just slept in the couch and said it was quite comfy!! Also, the staff was so warm and friendly!! Now to the view...we were in the 3rd floor on the Intercoastal Water Way(ICW) side. What a view!! Everyday we would take a quick break have a bite of lunch on the balcony and watch the boats. One afternoon we even watched dolphins playing in the ICW!! I would highly recommend Summer Sands to anyone who wants an incredible vacation stay at a decent price!!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
laura s, Manager at Summer Sands Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2015

Thank you so much for your insightful review of Summer Sands. I don't think I could have done a better job myself. Our location is key to our guests getting the most of their vacation time by have close access to the heart of Wrightsville Beach. We strive to make our guest rooms comfortable with an up to date décor. We hope to see you again in the future and be sure to spread the word.

Reviewed 24 July 2015 via mobile

We always love staying at Summer Sands. We've been coming here for years and always have a wonderful time! The staff is friendly and always helpful. Views are beautiful and what a treat to park your car and walk where you want to go. The food in the area is top notch.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Jharri007

We love to have our guests make us their go to location and return year after year. Hopefully you have noticed some of the changes we are making in our guest rooms. New furniture, paint and flooring all to let our guest know that they matter and that we appreciate that they choose to spend their vacation money with us at Summer Sands. Our staff is dedicated to making your stay comfortable and clean. Thank you