“Large Portions and Good Service”
Review of King Neptune

King Neptune
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 17 February 2018

We were pleasantly surprised with this restaurant beginning with five free wings on Friday with our drinks. The entrees were very large especially their choose two fry platter. Our server was attentive without making us feel rushed. The salad which came as a side was huge. I could have easily passed on the second side.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

We went to Vito's for lunch, but Vito's was closed, so we went to King Neptune's. Outstanding choice on our part. The whole group got the special of the day (Chicken and Waffles) and hands down, the best I have ever had. It also helped that it was $2.95.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Average service, unique menu and good food.

We were a large group in town for business and had exhausted the other local restaurants with little success.

Recommend this place to anyone visiting.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We went early to avoid the dance club scene. We were also in search of dinner. I enjoyed the sesame tuna, and my husband liked the steak and shrimp hibachi bowl with noodles. Both were very tasty and huge portions. The bartender was very nice and helpful, and we met some interesting people while there as well. As stated, we got out before it turned into a club (not our scene at our age). Highly recommend if you visit WB!

Reviewed 24 January 2018

I don't know about you, but I don't go to an ocean side seafood joint for the ambiance. In fact, I could care less. For me, on the occasion I get to the beach, it's all about the food. Great shrimp, fish, scallops, crab legs with the trimmings . . . grits, hush puppies, fries, slaw, etc. That's what it's about. And, on the night we hit up King Neptune on Wrightsville Beach in Wilmington, they were hitting it on all cylinders. We both ordered the fried shrimp and flounder and split sides of hushpuppies and fries. Fantastic!!! Perfectly cooked shrimp in a light but delicious batter . . . and not three or four or even half a dozen. There must have been a full dozen shrimp piled on top of a plentiful portion of equally wonderful perfectly prepared flounder. Nothing missing here. Great food. Great price. And the service was right on . . . not intrusive but there when needed. We'll definitely go back.