“Quick lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 16 February 2018

We went to Vito's for lunch, but Vito's was closed, so we went to King Neptune's. Outstanding choice on our part. The whole group got the special of the day (Chicken and Waffles) and hands down, the best I have ever had. It also helped that it was $2.95.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Average service, unique menu and good food.

We were a large group in town for business and had exhausted the other local restaurants with little success.

Recommend this place to anyone visiting.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We went early to avoid the dance club scene. We were also in search of dinner. I enjoyed the sesame tuna, and my husband liked the steak and shrimp hibachi bowl with noodles. Both were very tasty and huge portions. The bartender was very nice and helpful, and we met some interesting people while there as well. As stated, we got out before it turned into a club (not our scene at our age). Highly recommend if you visit WB!

Reviewed 24 January 2018

I don't know about you, but I don't go to an ocean side seafood joint for the ambiance. In fact, I could care less. For me, on the occasion I get to the beach, it's all about the food. Great shrimp, fish, scallops, crab legs with the trimmings . . . grits, hush puppies, fries, slaw, etc. That's what it's about. And, on the night we hit up King Neptune on Wrightsville Beach in Wilmington, they were hitting it on all cylinders. We both ordered the fried shrimp and flounder and split sides of hushpuppies and fries. Fantastic!!! Perfectly cooked shrimp in a light but delicious batter . . . and not three or four or even half a dozen. There must have been a full dozen shrimp piled on top of a plentiful portion of equally wonderful perfectly prepared flounder. Nothing missing here. Great food. Great price. And the service was right on . . . not intrusive but there when needed. We'll definitely go back.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Skip the omelet -get the vegetable Frittata & southern style grits! For under $8 you can get a delicious veggie filled, low fat version of an old southern omelet with the Frittata. Add Mimosa to double the pleasure (it comes in a huge oversized wine glass: fun)!