“Great shrimp and grits”

Ranked #41 of 704 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

We ate Sunday brunch here in November. Did I mention that the shrimp and grits were the best ever? Soooo good! All four of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals. We bought our hosts a gift certificate.

Reviewed 26 November 2015

Very pleased with the cheese board. My beef and brie sandwich was perfectly portioned for lunch (half size) and I liked the side of creamy pasta salad. The fried green tomato napoleon was nicely done, stacked and painted with a variety of sauces which made it a delight to eat.

I had the Cucumber Gimlet with Gin to drink. It was dry, tart and strong - the best kind of martini.

Reviewed 14 November 2015

My wife and I decided to go out recently on a Saturday night. We'd heard a lot of good things about this place but it was always crowded so we didn't even try. For some reason on this night the downtown area had very few people. We'd actually planned on going here and decided we would be willing to wait since we wanted to try something different.
Good news, there was no crowd. Great news, this place was awesome, not at all what I expected which was a place which was a bit on the fancy side. When you walk into the place you immediately see a great looking bar and seats, tables and even couches where you could sit if you're only there for a drink. Since we were there for dinner, we sat in the back. The menu didn't have a wide selection but what it did looked great. I had Baked Goat Cheese salad which included arugula and dried cranberries. I didn't notice until later I could've gotten it with chicken. Next time I will.
My wife got the Fried Green Tomatoes small plate which was also very good.
We will for sure go here again, it's worth the wait if there is one.

Reviewed 1 October 2015 via mobile

Really enjoyed my meal here, quality ingredients put together in a delightful way. And LOTS of GF options. I tried the soup and a small plate off the specials menu, both were good, but the star of the night was the Pear and Bibb salad. So delicious I almost considered a second one for dessert. Would come back for that salad alone. Service was friendly and decent, although the "hostess" was absent and seemed scattered whenever she did show up.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

I have been many times before and I am always very impressed with the food and wine selection. The service is usually hit or miss. Sometimes I would get someone who is great of someone who is mediocre. This Sunday, I waited all evening to eat because I was going out with my girlfriend for dinner and half priced wine. We arrived at the restaurant around 8:30 pm, the restaurant supposedly closed around 10 pm so we were not one of those inconsiderate tables who walked in right before closing. We were told it would be about a 10 minute wait to sit outside on the patio. So we proceeded to the bar and ordered a bottle of wine, a beer and a shot. The bartender was very nice and kept checking on us to make sure everything was okay. After about 25 minutes we were seated out on the patio. We waited for about 10 minutes before a server ever came to our table. By this time it was about 9:15 pm and I was starving! Our server then informed us that "we may want to go to another restaurant to eat". I was stunned! She informed us that the kitchen was taking about 45-50 minutes for the food tickets. We even asked if an appetizer would take that long and she said that it would not be worth waiting for. Needless to say, after waiting all that time I finished my glass of wine and went to another restaurant downtown to have a great meal. I enjoy coming to 6th and vine very much, however after my experience this evening I will think twice before returning. Good food can only get a restaurant so far, the customer service is what keeps regulars coming back.