“Fried pickles and beer!”
Review of Foothills Brewpub

Foothills Brewpub
Ranked #21 of 704 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Crafting the finest craft brews and sumptuous pub food in the Triad of North Carolina.
Reviewed 8 September 2015

Great beer and it's awesome for large groups. Order the fried pickles they do 'em right! The craft beers are very good and fresh. It's on Main Street. Not far from the Steven's Center. Very close to the art district in case you feel like checking out the culture in Winston Salem.

FoothillsBrewing, Public Relations Manager at Foothills Brewpub, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2015

Thanks for the review! Hope you can make it back by again sometime.

Reviewed 5 September 2015

Visited for the first time. The food was wonderful. I had the turkey sandwich with beer battered onion rings and my honey had fish and chips plus a couple of beers. The waiter was able to recommend a couple of beers for my honey after a few questions. This is an exceptional feat. Since I believe it's the first time with 100% satisfaction. Typically servers have a 50% chance of success recommending something that meets his taste. The service was good although we went during a slow time. Sanitation rating is 95. I will go back to try the veggie choices.

FoothillsBrewing, Public Relations Manager at Foothills Brewpub, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2015

Thanks for taking tome to review us -- our staff stays pretty dialed in on our beer so glad we got your 'honey' something he liked! Look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 4 September 2015

We visited the Brewery with some local friends on a Saturday night. There was a live band playing which we quite enjoyed. We chose to sit in the bar area and found it to be quite comfortable. Our waitress did a superb job. She was very knowledgeable, and despite the crowd was very attentive. The beer selection was great! I was already quite familiar with many of the brews despite this being my first visit to their location. The menu consisted of typical pub food. The reviews of the food at my table were mixed. I quite enjoyed the burger I chose, though two of my friends were left a bit underwhelmed with their selections.

Overall, definitely worth a visit!

Thanks for the review - especially gratified to hear you were well taken care of by our wait staff! Look forward to seeing you again soon at the pub.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

The food was superb! This brewery came highly recommended for its beer, but I found the food took the cake. The chef creates a sandwich of the day which I highly recommend as he has great taste! Mine was essentially a twist on grilled cheese and tomato soup and paired incredibly with their Strawberry Blonde beer.

thanks for the great review - passing your comments on to Chef Shane, he'll be stoked you liked his #Shanewich

Reviewed 24 August 2015

Someone suggested we try their fish and chips. For the price, you only get one small piece of heavily breaded fish and fries. Also tried their homemade ketchup which I didn't care for. The beer my husband wanted they didn't have. Others seem to like eating there but doubt we'll go back.

FoothillsBrewing, Public Relations Manager at Foothills Brewpub, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2015

thank you for taking time to write a review, wish you'd liked your meal more . . . our fish and chips are one of the most popular items on our menu, sorry yours didn't meet expectations. Hope you'll reconsider and give us another try -- if for no other reason than we can get your husband that beer he wanted!