“Always Great ”

Ranked #153 of 730 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 26
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Carmine's we take a significant amount of pride in our food. Everything is made fresh when ordered with fresh ingredients. Nothing frozen, nothing pre-made. This aids our menu in being flexible to cater to many appetites and diets. We also have "Specials" that are not part of our menu that our expert Chef's create daily. When dining with us, we can guarantee you this, your experience will be simple, fresh and absolutely delicious.
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

This is the best Italian restaurant in Winston-Salem in my opinion. Carmine runs a nice place and has consistently great food and service.
The bruschetta is killer and the choices for vegetarians are very nice. From the freshest salad to perfectly cooked pasta, you cannot go wrong. It feels like you’re in a NYC Little Italy place, in terms of ambience. Excellent wine list. Mickey is our favorite server, but most of the staff are long term employees and they are all well trained.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Terrible service, waited over an hour for the food and when we said something about it got told off and threatened by “management”. Don’t ever ever come here if you want to be treated like a paying customer. And, the food was not good and the portions were terrible. Will never be back!!!! I have never written a review before but this was the worst experience I’ve ever had.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Hanaan S
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Good basic Italian food. I'm partial to the chicken Marsala. Everything I've gotten from there has been good. Doesn't knock your socks off but it's reliable, I usually get it delivered from Takeout Central.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

My family has been here a few times and always had good food. Today though, my veal was burned around the rim and tasted so bad. What happened when I mentioned something to the waitress? She went back and asked “Carmine” what he was going to do for me. Nothing it turns out. I asked a second time. Still nothing. When we go there it’s always over $100. Guess what else Carmine is getting from me? NOTHING!

Date of visit: November 2017
3  Thank steveinturkey2016
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I just stopped by after several months of delay visiting this restaurant on the recommendation of a friend. The food was excellent, especially the garlic knots. From working in a fine dining setting with a structured approach to service, I objectively believe our server, Hannah l, provided perfect service. She immediately introduced herself and took drink and appetizer orders. As she brought the drinks she offered us the specials without pushing, and gave us a few minutes when we weren't ready. We didn't have to wait unreasonably for anything, and the presentation was on point. As this restaurant is locally owned, we were happy to support a small business, and it is in a great location, as well, right off of two major highways. We highly recommend and will surely return.

Date of visit: September 2017