“The whole family agrees!”

Village Tavern Hanes Mall
Reserve with OpenTable
Village Tavern Hanes Mall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 731 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 30
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It's hard to find a place a family of five with three tweens/teenagers agree on. It's especially hard when mom and dad prefer to eat at local places and avoid chain restaurants, and it's even harder when two little brothers are annoyed that they are getting dragged along on big sister's college visits. With all that, Village Tavern got everyone's vote in our family.

Now a small chain with several restaurants, mostly across the Southeast, the original Village Tavern opened in Winston Salem, so we felt okay about calling it local. The menu is pretty extensive and provided plenty of options to satisfy all of our tastes. In fact, we agreed we need to come back to try some things we didn't get on our first pass. Our pizza eater gave two thumbs up to the wood-fired, thin crust pepperoni pizza. Our 11-year old found his favorite - chicken teriyaki - and announced it was as good as any he has had. Our fish taco and guacamole connoisseur endorsed the fish tacos though she thought the guacamole was a little too heavy and scrapped some off ("I need some chips"). I thought the shrimp and grits were excellent, not the best I've had (I've had some really good shrimp and grits) but certainly very tasty. My wife shared from everyone's plate and agreed with the universally positive assessment. Oh, I can't forget about the side Caesar...really yummy with just the right balance of romaine, parmesan, and dressing.

Our server, Ryan, was outstanding. He was everything you want from a server (helpful, self assured, interactive, and funny) and made a great experience even better.

If our path crosses with this Village Tavern or one of the others, I think it far to expect we will be repeat customers.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Food and drinks are great. Make reservations if you go in the evening. They offer full service at the bar if you can’t get a table. The beer selections was great.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

I’ve visited numerous times over the past 10 years as I have traveled to winston for business. I had an opportunity to Bring my
Family this weekend. I was not disappointed. My family loved village tavern. Food was delicious and atmosphere lovely. Service was good .

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Luv this spot. Food is always delicious. Great service. Favorite is blackened salmon sandwich. Best sweet potato fries. Lot of food. Portions could be smaller and price cut some would be only suggestion. Little pricey, so we dont eat here as often as other places.

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

I have been going to Village Tavern a very long time. Every time I’m in Winston-Salem this is my go to spot for great from scratch food. A nice atmosphere. Make reservations if you can because this place is not a secret.

1  Thank Deacon235