“GREAT WINGS! ”

Ranked #33 of 704 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

My family and I stopped on an overnight to Surfside beach, and thought this was going to be a long wait on a Friday night, but we got right in and had some fantastic food! The dry rubbed Carolina style wings were fabulous and I know wings! Loved them so much we may stop on our way back to Ohio!

WeCare-BrandManager, General Manager at Carolina Ale House- Winston Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thanks for the great review! Hope you do stop by again!

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Went there with a friend of mine he had the half rack of ribs I had the ribs and chicken I enjoyed it I thought it was kind of heavy on the barbecue sauce and only ate about half of the chicken because it was too much barbecue sauce on it. I did scrape it off and did eat the coleslaw as well as the french fries it was a good night plenty of TVs around to watch sporting events in fact we are watching some of the NBA playoffs and the waitress was very friendly and kind

WeCare-BrandManager, General Manager at Carolina Ale House- Winston Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Thanks for the review and the feedback!

Reviewed 24 May 2017

While visiting a family member at Forsyth Medical we visited Carolina Ale House for a late dinner. It was after 9:00 but the place was on point with service and food! Friendly service and great fresh food. Will definitely go back there when in the area.

WeCare-BrandManager, General Manager at Carolina Ale House- Winston Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Thanks for the 4 stars!

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Greeted and seated promptly on a Saturday afternoon. My server, Joshua, was very efficient even though he was covering several tables. The ribs were falling off the bone and very flavorful. The beans were excellent. The cole slaw was kind of dry. The fried pickles aka Frickles were good when they came out but as soon as they cooled, they turned mushy...

WeCare-BrandManager, Manager at Carolina Ale House- Winston Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Thanks for the 4 stars!

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Yeah, I ordered the bleu burger, fries, and a Guinness. Very tasty. Food value for the price.
When I got the burger I cut it in half and looked at the inside. Seemed to be on the really rare side of the medium I ordered. But I generally like steaks rare, so I decided not to send it back.

Mistake.

Yes, it tasted good. Fries were nicely crisp as I like them. Guinness on tap was excellent. Yet today I sit on the porcelain throne contemplating the stupidity of eating undercooked meat. Need I say more?

2 starsa because the food tasted good. But only 2 as I currently regret my decision. Mea culpa.

WeCare-BrandManager, Manager at Carolina Ale House- Winston Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Hi Bob - We're really sorry to hear about your poor dining experience with us. We take things like this very seriously. Can you please email me at WeCare@CarolinaAleHouse.com with your contact info and reference this review? We'd like to make things right. Thanks - Tyler