“The best”

Ryan's Steak Chops & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Ryan's Steak Chops & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 694 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Nestled in a wooded setting minutes from downtown and Wake Forest University, Ryan's has provided exquisite food and service in a rustic lodge atmosphere for nearly Forty years. Ryan's is locally owned and operated and has been a Wine Spectator award winner since 1987. Come enjoy one of our classic entree's and your favorite beverage next to one of our fireplaces or at a window table overlooking the wooded setting.
Reviewed 5 November 2016

We meet at Ryan's to eat with a group of college friends each year during Wake Forest homecoming weekend. Get a reservation! Every one is always enthusiastic about the food and service. I'm in a "rut," since for two years I've ordered the same thing, steak au poivre with cognac cream sauce. The pecan pie also fell into the "Never Had Any Better" category. Waiter kept his poise even when one of us, a former philosophy student, said, "I still say existence precedes essence."

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

This was our second trip to this restaurant. It was delicious on both visits. We went on Saturday night of Wake Forest Homecoming. It was crowded and we had to wait for a 8:30 time slot. The drinks were yummy and the food was served hot and in a timely manner. One of the steaks ordered was over cooked but our server handled it promptly and made it perfect. The atmosphere is nice but it's a bit outdated. Prices were very reasonable for a nice steakhouse.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

This was a great establishment. The food was great as well as the host and hostesses. Kudos guys. I live here and work in Hospitality. This was my first experience there and I was very pleased.

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

My sweetheart husband took me here for a lovely dinner on my birthday, even after he taught middle school students all day. We had a table by a window overlooking the wooded area and our server Nick was attentive but didn't hover, which I liked. I am a foodie, our son is studying culinary arts, so I knew about Wagyu beef but hadn't tried it yet - what better time than my 62nd birthday? And seeing that it came with roasted marrow butter sold me - it was delicious! My she crab soup starter was excellent, large chunks of crab which were flavorful and not masked by the hint of sherry. Husband had french onion soup which was good but a bit saltier than my version. Sides were excellent. Rolls were tasty, I liked the pretzel roll - they came with butter and pimento cheese. Husband had the sirloin with ghost pepper hollandaise, just the right amount of heat. Complimentary birthday chocolate cake was a fluffy cake with chocolate ganache that was tasty and not too heavy. An order of vanilla bean ice cream that came in a nice, light shell let us share my cake and ice cream dessert. I had a petit sirah wine by the glass (can't remember which one, recommended by our server) and a cappuccino. I'd recommend Ryan's for a special occasion - elegant yet comfortable. We don't typically spend that much for a dinner out (remember, teachers salary!) but it was delicious, enjoyable & memorable.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

We go here frequently for business meals and have always experienced great service. The food is consistently great also....just wish they'd bring back the salad with spiced pecans! I've had steak, chicken, sea bass, salmon....you name it, it's good.