“Very nice breakfast place!”
Review of Mama Zoe Michaels

Mama Zoe Michaels
Ranked #29 of 704 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: American, Greek
Reviewed 3 March 2017

My husband and I decided to try Mama Zoe for breakfast, and were pleasantly surprised!
The restaurant was very busy for a Thursday morning, and we can see why. Prices are lower than many similar brunch places for items like Eggs Benedict. So I was quite happy with my #3 EggsBenedict and adding the slice of tomato was a great addition. The side of fruit was fresh and tasty. Portions are large! My husband got 2 eggs with bacon, apples, and grits, and was also happy with his order. Will be back!

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I recently had dinner at Mama Zoe Michaels - and it was amazing.

We were seated quickly, and our server took our beverage order and asked for an appetizer - which we had, the fried green beans. They were out in a flash: crispy, with a good flavor and not greasy at all.

Our entree choices were the marinated beef strips and country fried steaks, along with rice pilaf, corn pudding, pinto beans, and mash potatoes. Nothing fancy here, but everything was fresh, seasoned just right, and obviously prepared with, and served with, pride.

The portions were large, almost too much to eat - but we did anyway! It was to our regret, as the dessert case was filled with wonderful looking cakes, pies, and other desserts.

As we enjoyed our dinner, dozens of other customers came in, and the servers called them by name - always a good sign. This is the kind of family-oriented, quality restaurant that every town needs more of.

When I'm back in town, you can be sure I will be eating here again. If you live anywhere near Winston Salem, this should be on your regular places to dine out.

1  Thank Bob A
Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

Called in my order, after being placed on hold for 5 minutes. Confirmed my order, gave my name and got a total. Went to pick up order, the hostess could not find the order, then just stopped looking and started seating customers. Finally after 2 minutes someone else stepped in and found my order. Got home, food was stone cold and the order was wrong. This was actually my 3rd bad experience there. The last time I went to eat there and was going to eat in. My party and I were shown 3 different tables, each one being reserved. Was left standing in the middle of the restaurant, hostess just left us there while she seated others. Walked out of the restaurant.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Good breakfast and dinner. But the best stuffed peppers in the area. You will leave stuffed also. Good food and waitressed

1  Thank David S
Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

Great food fast, good service, nice atmosphere. Lots of choices on the menu. I had the tenderloin and gravy, it was awesome!