“Best Filet I've Had in 10 Years”

Jeffrey-Adams-on-Fourth
Reserve with OpenTable
Jeffrey-Adams-on-Fourth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 694 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Our first visit to this place. It was a rainy night in Winston, during rush hour, but I was able to find a parking spot on the street close by.
We had no reservation, and they were booked, but after a bit of chatting we got a table for two. The restaurant is on the corner of a busy intersection, and at night the place has a certain glow to it, making it even more comfortable, and we settled in, ordering drinks, and appetizers. We both ordered filet mignon, and I mashed sweet potato, and Brussel Sprouts. When the food arrived I was surprised by how the Sprouts were prepared. They'd been thin sliced and sautéed to perfection.
I cut into my filet, cooked medium rare, and folks let me tell you I haven't had a steak this good in a long time! The entire meal was awesome. The was excellent but not intrusive, meaning she showed on time and disappeared. The check arrived with no shock treatment needed.
A thoroughly good experience, and we will go back!
Treat yourself, you'll not be disappointed.
Safe Travels!

Reviewed 18 January 2017

This has such a NYC Pub feel, cozy, windows to the outside world, pockets of intimate corners, and a menu that doesn't try to do everything, but what it does, it does well. Portions are appropriate. My husband had chili, I had the tomato basil soup, made by someone who knows this is not the same as what you dip your chips in, if you know what I mean. The roasted Brussels Sprouts were deliciously seasoned and crunchy, and the filet was like butter. There were not many choices for Merlot by the glass, but by the bottle. The pour is generous.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

This restaurant had some wonderful classics with some updated preparations. The short ribs and fried chicken were awesome

Reviewed 4 January 2017

a girls night out to the Nutcracker and a before theater dinner at Jeffrey Adams! Great food! Got us in and out in plenty of time. Tried to book via Open Table and was not able. Ended up calling and got a reservation for the time we needed. Try the sangria!!

Reviewed 20 December 2016

Made reservations for a fairly large party (8 people) through Open Table about a month in advance to celebrate a special evening with family home for the holidays. When I arrived I was told my party had not arrived, (They had, and were already seated.) but asked to go ahead to our table anyways.
I was then led up the stairs, into the back corner of the building, and seated in between the bathrooms and kitchen. Went back downstairs and asked to be moved, but was sternly told I should have requested not to be seated by the toilets -- and that our party would not be moved at that point. Between the clanging of dishes in the kitchen and people lined up next to us to use the restroom, our experience was not what I had hoped for.
Additionally, the food was overpriced for what we received...and my dish was lukewarm by the time we received it. I was embarrassed to have brought my family there after I told them how great Jeffrey-Adams was supposed to be. We ended up paying everyone's bill since the food was mediocre and our seats were in such a poor area. Two positives to take away from the evening -- Sangria was good and our waitress was very nice.
Note: Rated service "Poor" not due to our waitress, but because of the hosting staff.