“Fried green tomato sandwich”
Review of Willows Bistro

Willows Bistro
Ranked #16 of 689 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Had this for takeout. Very good. Not huge, which I like. Well constructed. Apple wood bacon, fresh fruit. Just right for a lunch.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Never had a meal here that wasn’t outstanding. Good locally sourced ingredients made into amazing dishes. Good wine and beer selection as well.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

On a Wednesday my wife and I ate lunch at Willows Bistro and liked the atmosphere and old building, but we found the service to be slow and the food no better than average. Their chicken salad was typical of many, but the sweet potato fries were burnt and soggy. Our server forgot about our order that we could see in the open kitchen and let it cool. My crab cake was decent, but the crab fries were a few tiny slivers of potato with no taste. Prices would have been reasonable had the food and service been good.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

Husband really enjoys trains so he wanted to check out this restaurant located in the old train station. Although it does not appear to retain any original features of the old station, it did have, more importantly, a really great lunch. I had the delicious chicken salad sandwich and my husband had a fried catfish sandwich which he enjoyed. He also had a very generous side of sweet potato fries which we both enjoyed.This lunch really hit the spot and I spoke of it for the next few days. If in Winston-Salem again, I would definitely like to return to this very tasty spot for lunch. Service was friendly and helpful as well. They had a VERY large party to serve but still managed to keep all of the other customers happy and tended to.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

Wow! Excellent food and service. Food was farm fresh (even for December) and service was awesome!!! The salad greens were better than what I grow inmy own garden! Even in December!

1  Thank jccrvb