“To go orders usually on point, good food”
Review of Mozelle's

Mozelle's
Reserve with OpenTable
Mozelle's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 710 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Brookstown Avenue
Description: Welcome to Mozelle’s Fresh Southern Bistro, a downtown Winston-Salem restaurant. The cuisine at Mozelle's is southern-inspired and comprised of the finest and freshest ingredients. In addition to great food, patrons enjoy our cozy and lively atmosphere. Come for lunch or dinner with friends and family, or reserve our open-air covered patio and allow Mozelle's to host your events.
Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

I work nearby and once or twice a month I'll grab a sandwhich or a side. Their cheese grits are the selling point for me. $6 is a lot for grits but they sure are delicious. Once they gave me mac and cheese due to not hearing my order properly over the phone and I was sad when I got to my desk, no time to go back. but hey, 1 bad visit for take out out of 12 ain't bad. I've dined in a handful of times, service is decent. It's nice in the summer when you can sit outside.

Reviewed 26 November 2016

We had a late lunch with fabulous service, our server made great suggestions
The food was great
The wine pairings where super
The location is central to some street shopping and easy parking

Reviewed 17 November 2016

I live in Raleigh, but I visit Winston Salem once a year or so. I ate at Mozelle's for lunch a few years ago and really liked it. A few weekends ago, my boyfriend & I took a trip to Hanging Rock State Park to do some hiking and view the autumnal colors. On the way home, we stopped in downtown Winston for dinner. After a little Yelp search and thinking, I decided that we would try to get a table at Mozelle's. We didn't have a reservation, but it was a bit before 6:00 PM, so I thought that we may be able to get a table, since it was early.

Thankfully, we were able to snag one of the outside tables. It was starting to cool down, but we had on jackets, so we were warm enough. Plus, Mozelle's has fleece blankets draped over each outside chair. I love that little detail --- such a thoughtful touch! Having the blanket on the back of the metal chair made it so much cozier. I really like the sidewalk tables. And, the Maple tree across the street was a gorgeous with its red leaves.

Our waitress, Natasha, was okay. It took her about 5 minutes to get to our table after we sat down. Through out the rest of the dinner, she seemed a bit scattered. At one point, she was doing the job of the hostess, because the hostess left the restaurant for a bit. I am not sure what was going on with all of that, but it did cause less than stellar service. It wasn't a huge deal though.

The food was AMAZING. I was tempted by several things on the menu --- the tomato pie, short ribs, meatloaf, and veggie plate with 3 sides. I ended up going with the meatloaf which was so tasty! It was tender and was served with a chunky tomato sauce/marmalade on top. It came with spicy collards and cheese grits for the sides. The collards were delicious. They were a bit spicy just how I like them. They also had quite a bit of pork in them. My boyfriend got the meatloaf too but opted for mashed potatoes instead of grits. He seriously ate everything on his plate. He would have licked the plate had it been appropriate.

For dessert, we split the bread pudding which was delectable. I really liked the pecans in it. Mozelle's just serves beer & wine for adult beverages. My boyfriend was able to find a beer that he liked. I was hoping for a bourbon cocktail, but I was able to find a red wine that I liked. And, I ended the meal with a glass of sparkling wine.

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

I get the tomato pie everytime. It's so good! But everything else I have sampled is also quite food. They have an amazing brunch, a great dessert selection, and lots of wines. It's the perfect place for a date. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

If you want a consistently good meal come here. A reservation is a must as it is a small spot. Great for date night or a romantic dinner. It's on 4th St so Downtown bars are nearby.